Please Mix This - A Challenge (really, very challenging)

Just for kicks I gave it a go...pretty darn fun even though I suck.

I went for a vocal mix ,and, I went a little less hot on the final mix than I usually do.I tried to go for a traditional country mix without all the balls to the wall volume.If it's not hot enough for you just crank your volume and extra notch or two.;)

Juliet <<<<<<<<<click over there

Or you can DOWNLOAD it HERE.

Try clicking here if you really wanna hear my mix of the tune.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2628&alid=621

p.s. Good job on your mix fender!I can tell that a "drummer" mixed it!:D

Last edited:
d/l'ing now - You know about my self-imposed rule against talking about these for a week, right?

Just wanted to say "thanks" for giving it a go. I'm pretty sure I'll like it.

Later,
Chris

chrisharris said:
6. IF ANYBODY WANTS TO SAVE WALDO from having to host this mess and would graciously offer some space on a server (yeah, right :D), then please post here and let me know the link so I can amend my original post.

THANKS TO ANYONE WHO TAKES A SHOT!! Have fun, btw :D
http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1698&alid=620

http://chrisharris.rustyfingers.com

I'll PM you the username and password so you can upload the files.

edit: I went ahead and put the MP3s up. Let me know if you have any problems.

Dennis

Last edited:
Kick ass jobs PG and Fender. I'll be getting to the other mixes soon. I might even jump in and do one. What a great idea, Chris!

Did you post this in two spots. I thought i saw it in another forum. Well since we need to bitch at newbies and stuff for this you should be strapped to a block of ice, and have your finger and toenails removed slowly!

Analytical Man said:
Did you post this in only two spots. I think it should be a sticky at the top of every page in every forum.
Hey Analytical Man...that'd be selfish, but thanks.

RustyFingers - That was pretty damned nice of you. Unfortunately, I waited too long to edit my post. At any rate, now that you've got the tracks, where's your mix?

PGLewis - I won't comment on the mix yet, but thanks a ton for doing that.

groucho - it's 102.1 Don't ask me why, it just is.

I'm thinkin' of jumping in........

Since there are quite a few talented Homerecers already invloved I thought someone should bring up the rear with the "Ass" sounding mix.
Since Jamal hasn't chimed in that could just leave me..........:(

I don't have Autotune either

:D :D ;) :( :o :p :cool: :rolleyes: :D :mad:

here we go

here's my mix:

--- PLEASE -- RIGHT CLICK and SAVE AS then run the mp3 from your computer... save me some bandwidth please...

it's good clean tracking on your part, the only thing i have a problem with is the electronic drums. i'll record you some nice-sounding real drums for $50 if you're willing to shell out a bit of cash :)

good luck, and nice song.

I'm going to have to DL this late tonight, or in the morning. I'm getting an extremely slow signal at NWR right now. (This BBS isn't exactly screaming either)

P.S. In fairness to Waldo, it could be my ISP (Roadrunner) as well as increased traffic at NWR

Thats it!!!

Screaming 'em to my HD now.

Oh Boy............I get to butcher a chrisharris tune!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL - Kramer; I hate the drums too. I think "Herm" is gonna' take a shot at getting me some real tracks But this is more about "making the best of a bad thing," right? :D Thanks for the remix too; that's above and beyond.

bleyrad - Thanks for the drum offer, but there's another guy already working on it.

Who knows...it may end up with no drums whatsoever, lol. I'm not much of a "groove" guy, hehehee. Thanks a ton for the mix, too...

(still reserving all mix comments 'til tuesday...hrm, "'Til Tuesday," anybody remember them? :D )

First of all: THIS SONG IS SO GREAT! I know Chris is probably snickering devilishly: "look at all these fools mixing my stuff for free!" but I think we're lucky to get such a cool tune to play with - what fun!

Second of all: I TOTALLY CHEATED.

Okay, those drums suck and I won't work with them. You can't make me.:) The bass sounds like it was played well, but it's so compressed that I don't even wanna mess with it. Out goes the bass.

The slide sounds awesome, but it's not aligned correctly and no way am I gonna go through the pain of aligning it for someone else's song:) - so out goes the slide.

In the end I got to actually mix this kinda the way I'd prefer it. I dig the "full band" version and I'm not so dumb as to miss the fact that it's *Waaay* more commercial that way (which is a good thing for you!) - but *personally*, I always thought it would sound good as sort of an "unplugged" back-porch thing - which is how I mixed it.

The vocal could be evened-out volume-wise a little better, but you get the idea.

Chris

PS: That vocal wasn't totally bare, was it? You track with some kinda de-esser? I hear some phasey-sounding noises on the sibilants... maybe the mp3?

groucho said:
That vocal wasn't totally bare, was it? You track with some kinda de-esser? I hear some phasey-sounding noises on the sibilants... maybe the mp3?
I listened to the backup vocal mp3, and I think I ran a hiss reduction. Other than that, I just suck, I guess, lol. :D All my sibilance sounds phasey to me...it's like some kind of curse I have on my front teeth...they seem to have the ability to actually amplify sibilance and add a chorus and a flange effect, lol.

Man, thanks...haven't listened yet but it sounds like you and PGLewis kinda' took the same approach.

Okay, I'm not commenting on the mix, b/c I've sworn not to...but I have a question...did you make a guitar edit @ 3:20, or is that me??

Not a criticism, btw...I'm curious to see if the tracks got out of line there.

Back