Please Let Me Know What You Think

ndycus1

Please let me know what you think about the song "Promises and Forget Me Nots." It's an acoustic song I recorded for the post-hardcore band The Silent Escape. I'd like for you to be as precise as possible, because I want to hear what I'm doing wrong and learn from my mistakes. I don't really care to hear, "it sounds fine to me." If you REALLY like it, then I'd like to know. But, otherwise, I'd definitely appreciate some constructive criticism. Thanks a lot. Here's the link.

http://www.myspace.com/theonlysilentescape

Cool song, acoustic sounds good.
My only nitpick is that on my system the vocals were somewhat hard to understand... maybe bring them up in volume a tad, or seperate the vocals from the acoustic more with EQ. Like pick your favorite frequency on the vocals and raise it a tad, then drop that same frequency on the acoustic... just an idea.
Otherwise sounds good to me ;)

thanks a lot. the vocals would have been mixed louder, but this is the way the singer wanted them in the mix. so, i was going to go with whatever made him happy.

I think it sounds pretty good. The arpeggiated acoustic stuff is up a bit too high for my taste, and on this download seems to be panned hard right, which throws off the balance of the cut throughout...sounds like the right channel is louder because it has more constant motion going on throughout. Maybe pan that a little back toward the center to balance things out and either bring it down a bit or bring the mids of the vocal up a tad? Overall very well done, though.

Back