Please let me know how the drums sound on this indie band

clong89

Hi I recorded this for my drummer who is starting up a new band for his "indie/hardcore" outlet. Give me some tips on the mix, mainly drums. I haven;t messed with guitar really.

Attachments

• Studio 2.mp3
    1.5 MB · Views: 30
It's not too bad. You might wanna get more "body" out of the snare and kick or they'll sound pretty small once you pile the instruments on. The overheads seem kind of bright too.

I thought the kick sounded pretty good. The snare could use a little body and pop, like Greg said. The cymbals lack some crispness and clarity IMHO.
But you have to make a proper mix of the song for anyone to judge properly.

I thought the kick sounded pretty good. The snare could use a little body and pop, like Greg said. The cymbals lack some crispness and clarity IMHO.
But you have to make a proper mix of the song for anyone to judge properly.

Thanks man.. Just checked your tunes out on soudclick. Enjoyed them.

I think the kick, cymbals, and tom sound pretty good. The snare definitely needs more low end.

As Joey said though, it'd be best to hear them in a real mix.

I agree that the snare could use a little more "umph". It doesn't hit me like I'd want. Has a nice attack and crack to it though.

I also noticed that the mix leans a little toward the left. I think that's mostly because of the floor tom. It might not be noticeable in a mix.

Everything else sounded pretty good I thought.

Sounds weird. The snare is flacid and weak. The kik sounds like it wasn't recorded in the same room as the rest of the kit. And the hats/cymbals lack the sheen. Try to get more brightness on the overheads by cutting some of the "sizzly" frequencies around 4k. The snare sounds like it's only coming out of the overheads. Maybe bring the snare mic up to get more pop. Kik sounds good.

Back