Please, I beg you all ... Read, listen and comment :-) !!

Capitani

Hi, everybody!
I've posted my new song here some weeks ago but I had problems with nowhereradio.com and some people couldn't hear it. Here, in homerecording.com(bbs), there're people like B.SABBATH, Kramer and many other who always give good tips & advices about mixing, recording ...
I'm again waiting for all your comments and this time you have two options to listen to my new song (A thousand and One Nights).
mp3.com:
http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/389/giovanni_capitani.html
or:
nowhereradio.com
http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1862&alid=-1

Please, listen and comment it!

I'll aprecciate your attention ...
Thanxs,
Giovanni Capitani

Man that is an awesome tune you have there. Great mix, especially with everthing you have going on in there. Nice harmonies on the Guitars.

CR ><>

Very cool tune. You have killer chops my friend. Great mix but I'd have liked a more defined kick. I hear the click of every hit but I want more thud. A matter of taste. I likes it.

Amazing performance! I don't hear any problems, what are your concerns? Track rat has a good point about the kick, but that's just a preference.

Twist

Okay, first of all...it's excellent. All the gaps sound filled.

I'm probably only noticing this b/c TR pointed it out, but that kick sounds like a typewriter.

Very ambitious piece.

I'm gonna leave the technical aspects and mixing criticism to those who actually know what they're talking about and just get right on with the song itself...

Really good guitar work...LOVE those harmonies. And nice arrangment. Thought the drums were a little thin...just my preference though.

This song really has a big, "epic" feel to it and is well orchestrated. Brings Savatage to mind, and this is no easy feat unless you played for Savatage.

Maybe Criss Oliva is alive after all...sigh...

Yes, I'm STILL in mourning.

Nice song, man.

dude, what's the problem? this is a great piece..

there are pages and pages of people trying to get comments on there music.. some drop out of site with one or two comments and that's it.. If all everyone did was post music and not give anyone else feedback, what would happen?

if you want to get someones attention, check out some other peoples music..

it's pretty simple.. I get replys because I check out other peoples tunes.. that's all..

the only time you stop in is when you have a new song..

What about the 100's of other people who's songs YOU haven't given feedback on.. Your stuff is better than a lot of stuff that comes through, and you could probably be a big help to some others who are having real problems..

ya know what I mean jellybean? :)

My points:
First of all, I really thank you everybody who give me a little of attention. All the positive comments are welcome. I feel less insecure about this work now ... And that's because I asked you for comments ... I'm not so secure like others people ... and I'm not doing this for vanity ... I just want to share what a consider a gift ... be a musician ... compose songs ... divide it with others ... If I don't post comments here very often that's because I think I didn't learn enough to give everybody an opinion ... I'm really sorry if I can't help people to reach a good mixing ... As soon as I could I will post ... I'm sorry ... But everybody who give me a reply and those who not, I usually visit nowhere radio (check your playback stats) and listen their songs ...
I'm great B. SABBATH fan for exemple. He and his songs are a model for my mixing ... I always listen to a B. SABBATH song to compare if mines is in the same level ... Only after that I get courage to post it here ...
But it's a "secret" ...
I think you can understand me now ... And sorry for those who didn't ...
See ya ...
Giovanni Capitani

very very shredding guitar work there my friend realy like it alot.
your playing is very melodic. i like the tones your getting on the guitar, the synth part is awesome as well. i dont hear anything that stands out as being bad in the mix whatsoever. but realy i am not much for trying to find problems in a mix, i cant even get my own mixes to sound good, but i love the song and you play very well. wanna hear more from you. tim pate god bless

Have to agree... it sounds great. The only criticism I would offer is that the decay time on some of the reverb is too long. That and the kick needs more "thud".

The thing about the typewriter kick, and where are the vox?

This is really kick-ass!Some great moments in guitarwork and good drum sequencing.Keys are well done too.I read about your affinity to Bsab and he's come a long way.I've seen his style at it's ugliest as well as it's most beautiful.Good aspiration.(sorry...I'll wipe the sh*t off my face now).
Anyway,Nice job!And I'll be looking forward to more of your stuff.Rock On!!!!

hi again,
Thankx flash2ace. You know ... I'm not the kind of guy who wants to write a piece where the guitar is the center of everything ... I'm a musician before of be a guitarrist ... and I'm concerning in offer a melodic piece of music ... the time when the guitar player wanted to be faster and faster is past ... and anti musical ... so, I aprecciated you comment about the melodic side of this song ... thank you

thank you cstockdale
You know ... when I finished this song the thing most get me worried was the drums ... I've tried very hard to get a good and big snare sound full of 'life' and reality like the one in the dream theater ... I've added some reverb and thought I had reached what I wanted ... but in the mixing ... the things didn't sound very good ... the kick is also a problem ... In this song I use a lot of double bass and this typewrite sound gets clearer ... a pit ... if Portnoy had accept my "invitation" ... hehehe
... by the way I used dspfx plug-in with big snare reverb preset ... that's because it sounds like this ...

thanks W.I.S.C.

I always wanted to do a vocal work ... but I'm not a singer and I can't find a decent one for what I want to do musically ... The kind of vocals I'd needed is more or less like Geoff Tate (queensryche) or Michael Kiske (ex-helloween), James La Brie (Dream Theater) ... high pitched vocals ... you know what I mean ... If I find someone with this characteristcs I'll show you ...

The drums were sequenced in fruity loops ... and it took a long time to did it ... but somone had to do it ... so ...

About Bsab ...
This is guy is a talent ... and he's doing something very big artistically ... He alternates creativity, madness, good musical references in a same song ... and we can't see (hear) many people doing something like this very easy ... I admire him ... It's a pity that he could understand my post and he requires from me a constant presence in this forum ... I don't have so much time to post replies here ... and if this is a requisite to get some replies for my posts (or maybe some stars) I cannot do nothing about it ...
And my english is terrible ...

thanks darwinsdoggy

Your remembrence of Criss Oliva was great ... this guy ruled ... People usually don't give him so much credit ... but he was as great as was Randy Rhoads ...
Power of The Night, Gutter Ballet are definitive classics ...
A honour for me be compared ... but I have to work hard to someday get close of him ...

Keep on rock guys!

See ya ...
Giovanni Capitani

Capitani said:
About Bsab ...
This is guy is a talent ... and he's doing something very big artistically ... He alternates creativity, madness, good musical references in a same song ... and we can't see (hear) many people doing something like this very easy ... I admire him ... It's a pity that he could understand my post and he requires from me a constant presence in this forum ... I don't have so much time to post replies here ... and if this is a requisite to get some replies for my posts (or maybe some stars) I cannot do nothing about it ...
And my english is terrible ...

dude, you got me all wrong!!! I was just trying to help you out.. You seemed like you were dying to get someone to listen to your music, and I was telling you how the people with lots of replys do it..

I don't require anything! :D

thanks for the comments.. I am not doing anything that special except spending a bit more time than my friends at a hobby..

In the future, I will always try to catch your songs! I really enjoy your guitar playing!

peace!

Outstanding work. Reminds me of Yngwie's stuff...Marching Out, etc. You do neo-classical very well. Very tight performance.

Some better defined synth sounds might be an improvement. They seem to mud the upper mids up a little bit. Gets kinda cluttered when you factor in the long verb tails. The parts themselves are cool.

Good stuff!

excellent... no seams...
very satriani-esque (im not sure how joe spells his last name)
i was really impressed with the complexity of the drum sequencing.

when i get home, i will listen to this with my near fields so i can give you a more useful critique.

-alex

"Oh Lord, please don't let me missunderstood ... tan tan rum tan tan rum tan ... tan rum tan ... tan tan tan ..." hehehe

I'll never use the word 'beg' again here anymore ... I don't want to seem like I'm dying to get some reply ... I've just wanted to post a different and funny title in the subject ... sorry if it seemed desperated ...
But at the same time I can't took as a rule the fact of always giving some feedback to other people with the target to get replies ... so ... I can't share this kind of favor politics ...
So .... listen my song if you want it ... don't expect of me any favor ... I'm sincere ... If I'll be seduced for something in description of your songs I'll listen to it ... if I had some time ...

to B. SABBATH -

Yes, I think I got you wrong ... sorry guy ... You a great guy ... I see your good intention now ... :-)
Can we be friends again? hehehe ... Let's compose something together about this discussion ... that's a joke ... ok?

Peace

To SLuiCe -

You're the first of notice the Yngwie influence ... and you're damn right ... Malmsteen is a case o LOVE and HATE ... I like the classical influence tha he brings to heavy metal music but I hate when put so many notes in a unique bar ... He doesn't need to prove he is fast anymore ...
But the fathers of neo-classical influence in rock are definetely Blackmore (listen to burn solo) and Uli Jon Roth (former Scorpions) ... I love both guitar playing ...

To alexspetty -

Joe Satriani is one of my favourite players ... maybe the best of nineties in my opinion ... but I can't see many reference to him in this piece ... maybe the melodic conception ... I think satriani has a rock/pop approach ... maybe my song The Green Tomato's Revenge has something of him ... dunno ...

Thank for all your comments! I'm taking notes ...

see ya ...

Capitani said:

To SLuiCe -

You're the first of notice the Yngwie influence ... and you're damn right ... Malmsteen is a case o LOVE and HATE ... I like the classical influence tha he brings to heavy metal music but I hate when put so many notes in a unique bar ... He doesn't need to prove he is fast anymore ...
But the fathers of neo-classical influence in rock are definetely Blackmore (listen to burn solo) and Uli Jon Roth (former Scorpions) ... I love both guitar playing ...

After a couple of years "studying" Randy Rhoades, I moved onto to Yngwie and then to Vai. Those are the guys that taught me to shred with an awareness of notation. I then balanced those guys with Gilmore, Knopler, etc. So now when I think a fast run is appropriate, I can pull it off.

I think one of my favorite Yngwie pieces was "Marching Out" simply because it wasn't the onslaught of notes you usually get from him. Like you said, he is obviously a capable musican. He doesn't need to show us that anymore. He needs to get away from the lightning-fast Dungeons and Dragons fantasy and show us some real soul. When I heard the neo-classical style of your tune, I was afraid you were gonna be all blaze, but you showed some self-restraint. :) Good for you!

I like the tune. Really enjoyed listening to it.

I agree with the commentary on the drum tones. The cymbals were lacking at times, and the kick was a little weak.

keep on rockin!

-mg

Back