please help!!!!

Besides the top two strings droning through the whole progression, the only thing I hear is fret buzz at 11 sec. If the thing is subtle and throughout the entire clip, have you tried EQ'ing out narrow bands selectively from the mid-highs and up? Or better yet, a different mic'ing technique? (see Recording Techniques forum) If it's the fret buzz at 11 sec, then perhaps you need a set up - any or all of: neck adjustment, string height, fret work (loose or otherwise high fret, worn/low fret). If your set up is good, then perhaps strumming lighter, or moving back towards the bridge a little will tame it enough. Doesn't sound like you're hitting the strings with excessive force, though.

Beyond that, I'm not really sure that you're referring to.

You might have better luck in the Guitars and Basses or Recording Techniques forums with this issue.

Is it a high-pitched thing that's always the same pitch, like somebody hammering on a piece of metal outside? I think I hear it. Is it coming from the guitar, or just in the recording? I'd first suspect it's a room or mic placement issue (you suspected feedback, which would be my first thought, too), but I have run into a similar sound when I had a guitar with a trapeze tailpiece, and the parts of the strings behind the bridge were vibrating. Also check the other end, up above the nut. That's what it sounds like to me, and I can't think of any other part of an acoustic that could make that sound.

Are you talking about the guitar sound itself, or the weird crackling going on in the background?

im pretty dang confused i've tried everything. whenever i play guitar by ear i can actually hear that sound but only whenever i strum the crap out of it but you would think that since its practically not noticable at all by ear that you wouldnt be able to hear it in the recording..
aahh

That ring -constant pitch up around 2k that doesn't change with the chords?
Does it do it live in the room (not being recorded?) That would elliminate the recording end. Is there amy metal parts on the guitar -tail piece...?

The anvil sound?
I get some oddities from my guitar - but I make a virtue of them (insert smile here).
With all mics?
In all rooms?
Has always been?
Have you changed string type, intonation, set up in any way shape or form?
Apart from that I'm of no use to you.

Back