Please Give Me Some Feedback On My Songs...

Hey Dude. Whats up? I only got to listen to 'Let her Go' and 'Savannah'. You have some good ideas in 'Let Her Go', especially with the lead over the chords in the intro; though the timings a little off. I love the little fills later on. the main problem I see wth this is the quality of the rhythm guitar; it doesnt sound great IMO. How'd ya record it? I'd go for something brighter and more punchy. I like the song though, and the double-tracked vocals rock. In 'Savannah', same again with the rhythm guitar, its a bit...i dunno, unrefined for my taste. I'd also make the vocals louder in both tracks. Nice sound though, I like it.

sweet man "let her go" was all i got to play. Sounds alot like trapt which is good cuz i love them. but u got ur own style.

Be fair to yourself & to me.
PICK A SONG and post it for comment.
I'm not going to trawl through your back catalogue & you won't get concise, helpful, useful suggestions if things are aimed at different songs etc.
I'll do the 1st on your list.
Hey, NOTHING happened. I select Come On C, waited, selected again, waited, clicked this, yelled at that, NADA!
I'll come back an other time.

come on 'c' : the guitar buzzes alot (which is annoing)
is this multi tracked? becouse something seams wierd with the rithem
(i think the tracks might be un aligned)
it's kinda "loose" near the biginning but it tightens up later on.

I love the bass!!

but yah, my biggest headache is the buzzing on the guitar.

edit: i know your using cheap equipment but i'm quite shure you could fix that.. evrything else seems fine.

(oh, yeah it might also be buzzing becouse I'm using cheap headphones
but it seams to be fine on the other songs...)

hey

Wow that's some great feedback! Thanks a lot for listening... I am using very cheap software and yeh some of the songs are not tight... I also been playin drums for 7 years so I wish I can get my music heard with a full band... Thnk u all for listening...
Bryan

I hate myspace! :mad:

Mostly because I am on a government server and it won't let me access it.
But also the mp3 host on that site is crap.

Pick ONE of your songs and upload it here, then post again:

http://www.lightningmp3.com/

Relax RayC ... give the boy a break, he seems to be starting with the audioadventure ;)

14yearoldkid
I listened to comeonC and lethergo and you are right, you can't have used a good equipement to record this stuff hehe but don't worry ... it's not so bad.

At least I can hear music in that oposite to other songs I. I regret the guitar is peaking so much and so often. You should have used some compressor during recording. It's a simple tune as for the complexity and number of tracks,it sounds more like jamming with friends because sometimes you are not sure what to play ... just my opinion.
Generally, try to make songs from material you have because now .. they sound like ideas not like songs.

regards
lG

14yearoldkid said:
some of the songs are not tight... I also been playin drums for 7 years
It's hard to believe that you have been playing drums that long and have timing issues in your music...

mm

Yes i have been playing drums for 7 years and recently got a full ride to NYU.. but anyways it gets out of time a lil because unlike you guys i dont have state of the art equipment..lol.. i wish i did! but when i recorded it while mutlitracking it was in perfect time but when i finished that track it jumped fowards A LOT.. i dunno why it does this but then i had to manually put it together so thats why it was out of time.. lol thanks again

Back