Please critique my singing

jimmiebananas

I've recorded a very basic acoustic rendition of Wild Horses by the Stones.

It's just me and my guitar and I'm really only looknig for a critique of the singing. (the guitar isn't great and neither is the recording)

I know I can't really sing but I'd like some opinions on whether or not you think I can learn and get better to the point where I can sing something that's fairly listenable.

Thanks in advance, you'll find the tune here:
http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5521953&q=hi

You have a unique voice. I mean that in a good way.
I liked the tune. You must have a really good recording area.
I hardly hear any noise. You have a blues type voice...I would go with some
blues tunes and see how that works.

I think the singing is more than adequate. I think it works real well on this song. I noticed a couple words here and there out of tune, but nothing too bad. This said, note that the song doesn't have much in the way of forcing you to exert your voice - which would probably be more prone to going off key.

Overall, I think you've done fine singing on this bit. Nice job

Nice. I don’t hear any major pitch issues.

The delivery is relaxed and consistent.

Mic technique seems pretty good – no plosives or proximity effects.

Reminds me of Louden Wainwright III.

Nothing wrong with the vocals. You've got a very worthy voice. I'm trying to think of who it reminds me of, closest I can get is Terence Trent Darby. try & extend yourself a bit more on the next tune

WTF are you talking bout. you have a great voice. Don't waste your time making covers go out and get a record deal....

-jD

holy crap. this is definitely within my taste.

i could easily listen to something like this.

guitar is like ray lamontagne, and vocals are freaking great.

probably one of the top vocals i've heard from an independent person on the internet.

Thanks so much for all the comments everyone. They were all really helpful and they encourage me to keep at it. I appreciate the references to other bands and artists because there are certain types of music that have influenced the way I sing and a certain style I'm trying to develop with my voice.

If anyone has any suggestions of bands/types of music/songs etc. that would be good for practice and strengthening my vocals I'm all ears.

Thanks a lot.

Back