Please Critique My Mix - Fatal Reaction

it lacks bass guitar, and is also a bit too flanged on the lead vocals, they sound too buried with effects, but it's not that far out, I'd also make the vocals much more compressed using parallel compression, and dirty it up with some saturation on a few tracks to make it edgier.

Nice big drum sound, The vocals are way buried for my taste. I'd re-think the vocals, try something different. The rest sounds cool.

Nice work.

Hi all,

Million thanks for the feedback - all useful and valid comments. We are working now on the song as a band and I will re-record as a band and take alot of your ideas into account. Will post an update when it is ready!

Thanks again!

Jonathan

To be honest this sounds like a song from an 80s movie - a comedy at that.
The vocals & lyrics are cliche ridden which adds to the sense that it's a pisstake - like The Tubes really.
Again you deliberately skew the pronunciation of a word for effect but it doesn't work for me.
The sounds are OK but Nondescript. You don't have a sound or point of difference to call your won.
Why not seek out a lyricist to collaborate with so that you can match the angst of the metal with some words that work?

I liked it. The last comment was a little harsh IMO. Performances all sound good. The mix is solid. Levels sound right. The vocal has a lot of nuances and fits the track. I like the lyrics here better than the other one I heard from you. If making music that sounds a bit retro is a crime, then a lot of us geezers on the forum should probably be locked up. Good job.

Back