Please critique my mix...

Drummerbones

My PC is acting up...if this is a duplicate post I apologize.

I'm working on a country album. This is one of the ten tracks...not quite a finished vocal, and I will be adding background vocals soon. Looking for thoughts on my mix. The other nine songs on the album are down this same sonic path...just wanting to see if that path is the right one. Thanks gang.

Last edited:
Overall I think it sounds pretty good.

If I were to change anything, I'd bring the vox down a bit, and totally change the drums. The cymbals are strange, and the rest of the kit is kind of distant. That may be a genre thing though - I do mainly blues and metal (odd combo, eh?), so I may be off base there.

Nice work. :D

Thanks for the input. The vocals are really upfront because that's the genre. Not sure about the strange sounding cymbals. Perhaps just a taste thing, though you're probably correct that the drums could be more upfront. I appreciate it.

I agree about the drums.. and maybe up the bass a little (accordingly to the drums of course)

Just a little though because this is very close to most of the country mixes i've heard (i'll admit country is not my forte)

it's a good song btw..

I can see it appealing to alot of people who listen to country

Thanks eeb. I'll boost the drums a little and the bass accordingly. For the record, when you say "bass" you're referring to the instrument? or do you think there needs more low-end presence to the song? I've been going a little bit conservative on the low end, perhaps a little more ummph is needed. Just trying to get opinions. Much appreciated.

Sounds nice:) The guitars & Vocs are a little too loud in comparison to the drums and bass to me. Not in a big way. Vocs are the most above the mix.

Sounds like a very nice recording!

F.S.

Back