Please criticise this snippet for muddiness etc

Rodeo

Why isn't there a 'Newbies MP3 Mixing Clinic'? :(

I would realy appreciate anyone who wants to check out this 0.7MB snippet (first 43 secs of song, minus vocals) to give me a critique of the mixing etc. What's the guitar sound like? Does the mix have enough space? Is it muddy? (There's only so much you can work alone before your ears start decieving you)

If so, any suggestions on rectifying these problems would be appreciated.

www.nowhereradio.com/rodeo

When I just uploaded it, the song appeared on the main NWR page as a recent song, but didn't appear in my page. So.... I don't know what's going on there, but if it's not at my page, then it might still be on the recent songs list at www.nowhereradio.com

Thanks guys (no laughing!!)

I forgot to add - the volume is exceptionally low. SOmething goes awry in the MP3 conversion process. I still cannot figure out how to set it right. Any advice there would be appreciated (I use Sonar XL and convert with CD-ex). Crank up your volume very loud!!

sounds like a click track with some repeat echos on it. Very left heavy too with midi harpsicord panned so far over, and being more dominant than the other one on the right.

It borderlines on being a bit muddy, bass heavy... but if there were crisp vocals on top, or something else, I would think it could very easily balance out better. But, it is best to get things right in the first place, with possibly a more defined bottom end.

I think you are worried about the muddiness, but I am hearing a lack of something (or other stuff...like yet to be added), other than the high pitched, right sided instrument, that will fill out the rest of the audio spectrum.

Back