Please comment on this rap song mix

What's your setup?

If you're using a drum machine, get some loops instead from Platinum Loops or Beta Monkey. Their drums FILL the board. Sounds good.

Your song needs BASS.

Double your vocals. Slim Shady does.

Remember, only bass and vocals should be centered. Guitars and such should pan out to the sides.

These are just two-cent opinions, so don't think too much onit.

Thanks dude but I think it was my fault to forget to mention that I just need comments on how the vocals mixed with the beat. The beat was already mixed and mastered by someone else. I just need help with the vocals. Is the quality of the vocals good enough? Also, what do you mean by double up the vocals?

Thanks dude but I think it was my fault to forget to mention that I just need comments on how the vocals mixed with the beat. The beat was already mixed and mastered by someone else. I just need help with the vocals. Is the quality of the vocals good enough? Also, what do you mean by double up the vocals?

The vocals sound clear to me. What I meant by double up was to literally record it again and mix the two. Sing the song again.

Listen to Eminem. He does that on almost every song. There are two of him rapping. It works for some.

Snoop, on the other hand, is dry and relaxed.

I've yet to try rap, but sometimes consider it. I'd do political stuff, protest kind of stuff.

But, seriously, about the beats. I know yours was premixed and all, but the beat is the most important foundation of rap.

Have you tried Fruity Loops?

I do have fruity loops. But the thing is, someone else made the beat. And he's very well known for making good beats. So I'd be kind of hard pressed to fault him. All I'm looking for is to get the song quality as good as this:
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6133093

It is some other dude's song on a different message board. But how does my song stack up with that one? What else would I need to do?

Back