Please check out these tracks from John Winter!!

Please goto www.mp3.com/johnwinter and check out my recordings of this guitar wiz.
Some tracks are instrumental and a couple have vocals.

I would appreciate any and all comments.
This was my first "real" recording session that I have done, and this guys talent is amazing to witness.

THANKS!!!!

Listened to the title track, in lo-fi so I can't comment too much on the fidelity. The playing all round was great, nice guitar work and drumming. Only part that kind of stands out too much to me is that china or little splash cymbal, seems a bit too loud to me, but maybe in hi-fi it doesn't come out as much. Great work.

Wow...good...guy can play and sing too....I downloaded Suburban/white and Budda.....in my opinion the bass could come up quite a biton both, although I realize the guitar is meant to be showcased....I'd just like to hear a little more weight....great sounding drums, maybe a little too loud at times..loved the way the drums were tuned on both songs, liked the rim shots and stick sounds...liked the echo vocal in Budda...unexpected and cool.....gibs

Thanks for you time and comments everyone!

If you didn't check out A Little Anger, it is the other of the two tracks with vocals, hence the parental warning.

The bass IS low in all songs, but for a couple of reasons. One: John is not a bass player, so the bass parts don't play off the guitar enough, I thought, so just enough to add some low end sounded better than mud. Two: All we had to use was a Rogue bass, which was a piece of crap, and it had NO bottom to it. I tried EQ, Aural Exciter, etc...but you can't polish a turd.

As far as individual comments, I can not answer or offer comments on them because they don't specify which song of the 6 that the comments pertain to.

Istyle: Which track sounds like Hendrix?

If you want to hear a Hendrix rendition of HEY JOE, except the lyrics have been changed to HEY OJ, then go to BakedProductions.com and check out the exclusive track section of John Winter's site. It is a great song, great lyrics and awesome solo, but since it is not his music, I did not put it on mp3.com.

Thanks again!!!!!

Liked all of this. Well everything except for the fact that Mr. Winter can play faster and cleaner than me... :(
In that Holdsworth sounding tune, "Pacific Sunset", it sounded like the snare was clipping giving it this rattling sound.
Was that three guitar parts I heard?

The rattling sound was intentional. I used a 1950's Gretsch snare. It would have sounded better, but it DID clip, therefore destroying the sound I was going for. It would have sounded better without the clip. I had to EQ it so it wasn't as bad as it really is.There are some sections of the song where it sounds ok, but yea, that really bugs me too.

I only had the equipment to record TWO drum tracks live, so I had no control of individual voices after recording.

All the songs are three guitar parts. Two rythm, panned at about 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock, and one lead.

Back