PLease Check out my new song!!!

ColdToTheTouch

just finished a rough mix of my newest song. No vox yet. This song is 100% different from the rest of my stuff, which is all Heavy Metal.. Please let me know what I can do. I dont know much about compression.. and I wouldnt even know where to start if I were to just begin to fool around with settings. And I never know what to do with bass tracks. I still gotta give the guitars a LOW Pass on the EQ.. but please, any comments or complaints would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
ShiZz
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9109911

Last edited:
Recording sounds very good.
The tune itself is a little bit too long for my taste. Mostly due to the chorus guitar which keeps going up to the heavy parts which is where the song really comes to life for me. But I feel like you leave that too late Maybe it'll change when you have a voice on it. The heavy guitars sound great but there's a bit too much chorus on the clean one.

Joey :)

Not too shabby. The drums seems to be in their own space. Ya gotta meld the sounds together somehow. As it is, it seems like the guitars and drums are in their own space. Not sure how else to explain it. Compression can help that.

I've found it difficult to make fake drums sound good with acoustically recorded guitars. Not sure if that's what you've done or not, but the guitars have a much more organic feel to them than the drums. The drums are very harsh and digital-sounding, whereas the guitars are exactly the opposite.

Sounds like the start to a great song! Keep it up.

should I compress the mix as a whole? or individual tracks? im still learning about compression, so I dont really know where to start... and I kinda agree with you about the length of the song. I might cut the verse's and chorus' down by half...Im going to be adding vox within the next few days..

Back