please check this out guys

Yah, you're right. Very easy listening. Is this a band or a one man midi machine? The long organ solo was way too drawn out. Add some new sections, the same chord structure all the way through? Try working on song structure and dynamics. L8r..

I'm everywhere outlaw ;)

Haven't had time to listen, but if you catch me on here sometimes on the weekends, you'll see a massive thread where I ask people to post their songs, and then I critique.

W.

homeuser said:
Yah, you're right. Very easy listening. Is this a band or a one man midi machine? The long organ solo was way too drawn out. Add some new sections, the same chord structure all the way through? Try working on song structure and dynamics. L8r..

it wasnt a midi machine. the drums were off fruity loops and i dont really know that program well. the organ solo yeah it was pretty long lol. ill take ur advice, i was thinking about changing the tempo and chord prog. for a guitar solo in there. thanks :-)

with some work you could take that piece and get it going really well, I`d speed it up a little and polish it, try to use a more simple drum line with real sounding drums. Hunt a better organ, or use piano and maybe play simpler licks. The guitar parts were pretty good but need to played with a little more authority in the rythym. I like the chord structure in it, I can relate. I know nobody has probably ever heard of a "Doric" organ, but it sounded like one.

damn good guess... thats what he used in his synth. its programmed as "soul organ" but in the booklet it says its modeled after the doric. is that one of those half wooden ones?

btw whats the best way to create a drum track? should i try sonars drum map?

Back