Please check my master

TexRoadkill

Audio Bum
I've been working on this project for a year and a half and finally getting some stuff mastered. This song is probably sounding the best of the bunch but it seems to me like on all the songs the high end is a touch too harsh. I like the overall volume but if I turn it up loud enough to get the bass really slamming then the high end is just too crisp.

What do you guys think?

The song is called 57

http://www.nowhereradio.com/texroadkill/singles

cool tune

yeah.. there is def crispness... the overall dynamics are rather flat

sounds like the highs were boosted.. when something shouldve been cut

wonder if the mix was weak and it was somehow overcompressed?

Last edited:
If by weak you mean low level then yes. I don't worry about slamming things too hard in the mix. My first impression was that it was way too compressed but when I compare it to some recent commercial releases it's noticeably lower in volume which I think is a good thing. I'm thinking the high end boost is just making it sound more compressed.

The snare, high hat and distorted rhythm guitars sound too crisp. Everything else sounds fine.

Sounds like the mastering was aiming at the big snare sound of the 80's a la JacknDianne.
Yeah the whole things a bit toppy & that makes the bottom seem weak.
As for a resubmit.

I've been working on this project for a year and a half and finally getting some stuff mastered. This song is probably sounding the best of the bunch but it seems to me like on all the songs the high end is a touch too harsh. I like the overall volume but if I turn it up loud enough to get the bass really slamming then the high end is just too crisp.

What do you guys think?

The song is called 57

http://www.nowhereradio.com/texroadkill/singles

Overall not a good master at all. What company did you work with if you don't mind me asking?

Awesome song by the way!

Eck

Yeah, the song is pretty damn cool, has a surreal vibe going on. Very good track.

Definitely a problem with the high end. I agree with JMarcomb, some of the treble boosts could have been cuts. Still, good sounding track musicwise.:cool:

The overall vibe is good - I really like the song.

The highs are too much as stated before (snare/hihat/raunchy guitar).

From what I can tell the instruments seem mixed well - good separation and panning. I like the levels just not the eq.

Again, cool tune....I'm looking forward to hearing the other stuff...

:):D:):D

Back