Playing Around...

Here's a cover song I did with my older brother, a family friend (now apart of the family as of last weekend), and his friend. This was strictly for fun... Just messing around in the studio.

In fact, I really don't listen to this type of music all that often... We had a good time though! The funny thing is that my band (which includes myself, my older brother, and two other guys) has only played a cover maybe twice, and even then, we changed quite a few parts and arranged the song differently. But we've NEVER actually recorded it! For this, we not only recorded it, but stayed with the original arrangement and parts and even tried to "somewhat" "duplicate it"! Half-ass of course!

http://home.attbi.com/~jwbros/Studio.html

sounds like you had a good time recording this..

the drum timing fluctuated in the beginning, and it sounds thin.. like it needs some beef or bass.. very mid sounding to me.. vocals were a bit off in some spots, and I could have sworn I heard some clipping on them too..

cool overall though..

not bad..........the vocals are slightly off at times, the leads are pretty on in terms of the original song though...............there's pleny that i could suggest, but i'm not going to because it seems like this is just a for fun deal...........good work

Yeah, this was strictly just for fun... Nothing like I'd normally do... Or even "share".

Like I said, it was mixed in just a few minutes (not even be me); Josh and Rob did it. And the "backing vocals" were done 3 guys who can "carry a tune", but don't sing AT ALL!

The vocal clipping must have been from the MP3 conversion as there certainly isn't ANY clipping on the wav version. Like I said, I didn't even listen to the MP3. If it was something serious, I certainly would have "additioned" multiple programs for the MP3 conversion to see which had the best output for the particular song; as I usually do.

Thank You much for the listen though... It was too much fun to not share...

Back