Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Play" (Not-Quite-Broadway version)

Thanks

"The Play" (Not-Quite-Broadway version)

Sign in to disable this ad
    I added a bunch of stuff. Goofy and serious all at once. More vocals, more guitar, and an additional verse. I just finished doing the vocals and I try not to mix after a vocal session, but what the hell. It should be close enough to get the ideas out.

mix, I love your version, but I can't just scrap 4 more hours of work. I was gonna put some cat sounds in my version to counter your dog. The cats seemed reluctant.

No, really.

#1 The Play (Full)

I tested the stream and had one instance of buffering on broadband. (192kbps MP3/3.1 MB)

Thanks
    I just posted on the old version of this tune...but I'll post again here. This is THE BEST thing I've heard in my short time on the forum. Sorry to gush but it really is phenominal. I downladed it and i will listen to this over and over. In fact, I'm now going to check out all your other stuff. Really great job!
    [url=http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=3232&alid=-1]Here are some of my tunes. Good for a laugh![/url]

Thanks

Thumbs up

Sluice, what can i say?? querky as HELL! Sound's like something primus would do, but it sound's nothing like them!! Does that even make sense?? The distorted laugh @ around 1:24, i don't like that to much.............The break and the laugh are perfect, it's the effect i'm not feeling, I "think" one of the"so you think i hit her" effect's from winded (the first version) would fit better.

IMHO......LMAO!

fuckin mix sound's great!!!!! i love your big acoustic sound!! maybe one day!! your voice is slowly becoming my favorite!! luv it!

Right on!

Peace

fendergushingood

Thanks
    I thought the other thread for the first tracks would be gone, but it got bumped. Sorry for taking up the extra space guys! I've bumped a few threads back up over me to compensate....

Sydfan- got your PM. I put the original (stripped down version) back up. It should be listed right below this one. Thanks for listening. I'm glad you like this stuff!

fender - Ya if I get any ideas to replace that 1:24 break I might. Thanks for mentioning it. And thanks for the vocal comment...maybe I'm starting to get better control of it. (God I hope so...) Take care brothah.
    Last edited by SLuiCe; 03-01-2003 at 02:29.

Thanks

Thumbs up

wow.. I'm not sure what to say about this Tom.. I almost can't grasp it.. It's great.. I won't say I liked the dry original version better, but it seems like I was able to gel with it more when it was just voice and acoustic.. I have to listen to this a few more times because it confused me..

I'll be back after a burn or two..

Thanks
    AS POSTED ON MIXMKR's THREAD:

Rightgeous Groove !!! I love it.

Todd Rundgren would be proud. In fact, your vocal is very reminscent of Todd.

I think the vocal is a tad hot. I keep wanting to turn it up so I can hear more guitar and bass, but the vocal "gets in the way". That's just a personal taste. Overall, it sounds very professional and has a mastered quality to it.

What mic did you use for the vocal?

Cool tune. Nice Job.

BPOCO.

PS: Did your dog write it's own lyrics? If so, does it get a co-writers credit? LOL.

I think I've been tainted by Mixmkr's version. I listened to it several times last night (and fell in love with it), before I found out it wasn't the original. So I'm having a hard time making the transition to this version.

Super clean recording. My question still holds, what mic did you use for the vocal?

Hell, my original post holds for the sluice version too ... except for the dog comments.

BPOCO

Thanks
    Nothing to grasp there Sammy really. But I tend to pull my lyrics from a slightly different area of the brain than a lot of songs. This one was just a bunch of ramblings about superficial people pretending to be your friend. You know it's just goofing around music, but I like that sort of thing too. Thanks brotha.

BPOCO, ya I didn't know mixmkr was going to do something with that. I didn't even know he had heard it. But I was pretty flattered that he played with it and made something cool from it. I sat down to finish my work and I was like, "what do I do after that!" The mic is a SP C3. Who's Todd Rundgren? I'd like to hear something. Thanks for listening!
    Last edited by SLuiCe; 03-01-2003 at 10:14.

In a world full of chimpanzees I was a monkey
    Thanks
    .........I like it.......... I cant dance to it, ....but i like it Lotsa freedom in this.....I can really respect that.

The bass choice was a good one. The stand-up sounds good with this. I dont like the part your playin though. ....just mho.
    I would like to hear it land on the key notes a little more frequently.... or walk...... either way. How did you do that little ayyayyyayyy vocal part at :32? Did you sample that in?...just curious........ ......and also that decending "laugh" part at 1:26...... .......what is that squeezed sound.... do you know what i mean?
    The madness that starts at 1:53 sounds a little too hot to me. Im not sure what all you have in there...... Are you running those through some kind of amp simulator? I like the big build, but not the distorted quality of it so much.......

.....my friend, I have downloaded every song you have ever put up in this clinic.......... this song is an example of why......

...........You are a twisted fuck
    gw/5

In a world full of chimpanzees I was a monkey
    Thanks
    btw: the Todd R. comparison that Poco brought up is a good one....... ....check out Utopia.

Thanks

Thumbs up

I listened to this last night after seeing it up on NWR. I like what you've done with the additional instrumentation.

Sounds good, and the performance is top shelf. Slightly twisted, but in a good way.

Thread Information