Pipeline - surf instrumental

Greg - super surf music ! Fabulous tone, reverb and playing!

The only thing I thought while listening (and I forget the original) was after the familiar run down, it seemed a little low in volume on the riff. If that's like the original then just ignore this....:)

Greta Job...:D

Thanks Ido. :)

Yeah the original does that muted run down the neck and then gets really quiet. You almost can't hear it. And then it creeps back up and everything comes in.

Thanks for the comments man. :)

Nice variation on the tune there Greg.

Not to hijack, just wanted to post a link to my version of this very cool classic also.

The more pipe the better I say.
keep posting these cool surf tunes so we can keep this genre alive and kicking!
see ya

Nice variation on the tune there Greg.

Not to hijack, just wanted to post a link to my version of this very cool classic also.

The more pipe the better I say.
keep posting these cool surf tunes so we can keep this genre alive and kicking!
see ya

Holy spring reverb! Great job dude. Very authentic sounding. :)

Yeah surf music is a blast. I love it. Hell I'm gonna make a whole album of this stuff. :)

I have enough of this stuff for an album but alas, we are the last of a dying breed.

Most people just say, that's really old music, I remember that when I was a kid.

BTW, I am using a hand made 3 spring all tube reverb unit on that tune.
It gets that drip/splash thing to the nines.

I have enough of this stuff for an album but alas, we are the last of a dying breed.

Most people just say, that's really old music, I remember that when I was a kid.

BTW, I am using a hand made 3 spring all tube reverb unit on that tune.
It gets that drip/splash thing to the nines.

Yeah that was some fat reverb without being ridiculous sounding. Good job.

I guess it is really old music, but hell, I wasn't even alive in its heyday, so it's all good to me. I was born in 1973 and grew up through the 80's. Surf music had come and was long gone by then. I just kinda discovered it on my own by learning "wipeout" on my first guitar when I was like 13. I figured if I could play that, I could maybe play some other songs and started trying to learn surf music. I couldn't - and still can't - "shred", so surf guitar was fun because it was playing licks and stuff instead of just strumming chords. And to people that don't know any better, surf guitar sounds like you kinda know what you're doing. :p

Hell, I mainly listen to hard rock, but I love surf shit...it's just fun, party type music. I don't care if it's old, it sounds fun...:D

Listening to yours right now EL....pretty cool.

Man, that just flat out kicks ass! Love the reverb...you using a Strat? Nothing to nit on here to my ears...
Ever hear Stevie Ray Vaughn cover this?
Great job!!

I was born in 54, I'm getting up there, but this stuff was all in my parents RCA record club album collection.

I would fire up the Ventures albums on the very cool old tube stereo console we had and go insane.

Glad to see you young uns appreciate the genre, it's pretty cool to see that. Keep recording this stuff and get that right arm picking down till you can smoke Dick Dale.

I started another thread to avoid hikacking threats.
Check out the other surf thread if you liked Greg's pipeline.
https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?p=2737767#post2737767

Man, that just flat out kicks ass! Love the reverb...you using a Strat? Nothing to nit on here to my ears...
Ever hear Stevie Ray Vaughn cover this?
Great job!!

Thanks a lot man. Yeah all the guitars are a Strat. I have heard SRV's version, but it's been a really long time. I think he did it for a movie with Dick Dale or something like that?

I was born in 54, I'm getting up there, but this stuff was all in my parents RCA record club album collection.

I would fire up the Ventures albums on the very cool old tube stereo console we had and go insane.

Glad to see you young uns appreciate the genre, it's pretty cool to see that. Keep recording this stuff and get that right arm picking down till you can smoke Dick Dale.

I started another thread to avoid hikacking threats.
Check out the other surf thread if you liked Greg's pipeline.
https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?p=2737767#post2737767

Oh yeah, The Ventures are great and I have a best-of CD that's permanently in my car. :)

Stevie and Dick's version is ok, not my fav version and also Junior Brown does a Surf conglomerate, I like Junior but not so much his surf renditions.

My fav recent surf band is Los Straightjackets.
I say recent but they have been around quite a while.
If you are not familiar wuth them, check out the first album "The utterly fantastic Los Straightjackets"

They stay pretty close to the classic surf sound without getting way out there like some other surf bands bands do.

Sounding great Greg!! :D I have been listening off an on most of the evening, loving it. I remember it being a longer song...was it or not...?:confused:...see, I am trying to get a longer listen time.;)

Lol. Thanks. No, this is it. I did it pretty dead-on to the original. You just have a long attention span. ;)

Lol. Thanks. No, this is it. I did it pretty dead-on to the original. You just have a long attention span. ;)
:D:D:D...that is the first time anyone ever accused me of that!!!

It sounds better on the media player than the soundclick one too. Much richer. It will get down loaded to a disc for take along purposes along with Too Drunk to Fuck and Hammerhead, Munsters and Lola too!!!

Thanks for doing this one Greg....taking anymore request...?:D

You got the mojo dood....:cool:

The more I listen, the more I love it Greg. How do you do that thing you do...amazes me!!

I went and had a listen to the original and you nailed it right on...the only difference I noticed was the tone on the lead guitar...but no gripes here...none whatsoever!!;):cool:

I listened to Perfidia while there....I don't recall ever hearing it. Liked it though.:D

Back