Pink Floyd

Excellent stuff. From the start i actually thought it was the Floyd version itself. Almost identical. Only when the vox come in was i able to hear differences. I love this song and its off my favourite floyd album. Really really good work.

Guitars sound pretty good, man. Vocals are cool....I like em. Nice take on this song. Very cool.

Awesome dude....all the stuff you have up there is top notch....and to do that with your son....must be an AWESOME feeling....you should be proud as I'm sure you are...

My son is 5 almost 6 and he is showing an interst...i bought him a 3/4 acoustic...just so there was one laying around...he grabs it all the time and just sits there messin around.... I'm hoping some day he will come to me and ask for some lessons....

Great production man!!! Just great!

Live and dynamic recording. That cool guitar line at :18 that goes up the scale on 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 1 sounds almost like a bowed string instrument. Snare pops out a lot at :59 but it adds to the live effect so not a bad thing. Good timing... definitely in the pocket.

How many vocal tracks are on the ending?

Tim

There's no bigger kick in the pants than playing with my son. He's an old soul. We argue all the time "do we want to do Beatles, Floyd or go through the Blind Faith/ Traffic library" :D .
Tim, there's four unison tracks. I might go back in and line up the words a little better. Thanks all for the kind words.

Track Rat said:
This is my son and I jamming in the basement. It's more fun than you can have with your pants on.
http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/?aid=1331/singles.shtml
Are you implying that you and your son were pantsless in the basement when this was recorded???!! That concerns me some. However the tune sounds really sweet. One of my favorite PF songs, for sure - and on one of my favorite albums as well. I agree with Gumble that it coulda passed for the PF version before the vox kicked in. NICE!

Incredible....picking my jaw off the floor...I love Meddle...probably my fav Floyd album.This sounds sooo good!The vibe is right on....guitars just sound wonderful, a very rich and organic tone, and those vocals sound very true to the original .....what did you use for the crowd Noise, I always wondered what that was.
I feel a un controllable urge to go and get out my Meddle CD and listen to Echos, I think it's gonna be a lot of Floyd playing on my system for the next couple days ;)
Great job, thanks for posting!

variaxman said:
.....what did you use for the crowd Noise, I always wondered what that was.
Thanks for the kind words. The crowd I lifted off the album. :o It's the fans at a football game. I think we're going to do the whole album. What the hell.

Track Rat said:
Thanks for the kind words. The crowd I lifted off the album. :o It's the fans at a football game. I think we're going to do the whole album. What the hell.

Aww man...I'm drooling to hear that!!When you say football, do you mean soccer?Those fans are crazy...I don't know why, but that crowd sound juxtaposed in the music just strikes a chord within me....surreal.(may also be due to substances being consumed back in the day when I used to do that kinda thing :p ).
Ive done a version of "One Of These Days" before...probably my best vocal performance recorded :D !

Yeah, soccer. I've always loved the way the tune and the crowd went together.
As far as playing credits, Mike Jr plays drums, tamborine and acoustic guitar and I play bass, 335 and Strat and vocals.

Great version. Very true to the original. Vocals are spot on too. God I haven't heard this in 20 years. Well done on this

Back