Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Piano solo My first attempt

Thanks

Piano solo My first attempt

Sign in to disable this ad
    Well for those of you who have been exposed to my bluesy guitar playing for a while I just went out and bought a new keyboard. Just Cause I wanted one!! The Only problem is !!! I dont know how to play keyboards but here is what came out.

It makes me seriously wonder if Ive been playing the wrong instrument for 39 years!

The song is called, memories along the seashore

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/...d=1644&alid=-1

It reminds me of the many times I sat at the seashore and just watched the waves romance the sands edge.

Sure, Ive got a lot of learning and practice to do but for a first attempt and about a weeks worth of playing experience on a real keyboard It seems to have inspired me SOOO I thought Id share it with Y'all

Peace
    Bill

Clowns to the left of me...Jokers to the right....Here I am....
    Thanks

Re: Piano solo My first attempt

Originally posted by wfaraoni
    The Only problem is !!! I dont know how to play keyboards

liar...........

I've been hackin' away at the keys for over two years now and I couldn't play this.......

good composition man...I like it a lot...
    The recording is dull though...needs some brightness added to it...

Good stuff man,
    Joe

Thanks

Thumbs up

I wish I couldn't play the piano that well!!

That was short and sweet, I have no clue as to how a recorded piano should sound, but sounded good to me.

Keep playing!!

GT

Thanks
    Very nice, Bill. Lovely chords. I kinda like the 'naive' and 'searching' sound of it.

What's that crackling sound?
    http://www.nowhereradio.com/trojka
    http://www.nowhereradio.com/trafo

Thanks

Re: Re: Piano solo My first attempt

Originally posted by joro
    liar...........

I've been hackin' away at the keys for over two years now and I couldn't play this.......

good composition man...I like it a lot...
    The recording is dull though...needs some brightness added to it...

Good stuff man,
    Joe
    Thanks Joro, I'll take that as a BIG compliment. Yes I've played around with a yamaha portable but never got good enough to play a whole song through. (any song) You know easy start stuff and all that. But, I did learn the architecture of the keyboard from that. I only know a few chords ,but I know enough chord theory from playing guitar to figure out a bunch of them. I'm basically pattern playing here, Guess once a guitarist always a guitarist ..For original compositions the keyboard just seems so logical and intuitive to me. Seems like you can think something and it almost comes out right .The right hand just works around the left hands chords..Probably most of the talent has to go to the engineers at Korg for the fantastic sounds and features that they have included. especially that arpeggio feature!!
    given a little midi editing to take out the BAD notes and viola! this comes out. This is exciting to me.

Pedullist. Thanks I dont even know what those chords are actually called but there is a "pattern" to them. Crackling Hmmm? probably too much compression. My first post of this was listened to by my cousin (who is a real pianist) who said that it had a little too much attack and brightness on the right hand so I tried to tame it with compression and eq. Im sure I Probably over did it.

GT: Thanks for the feedback I thought it was just me but now I know others can appreciate it as well.

I guess should have bought a TRiton years ago when I first listened to one and was amazed at the sounds that come out of it, Im kicking myself for not doing that now.
    This is one amazing instrument.

Peace
    Bill

Thanks

Lovely!

Pleasant little kick-back-and-ponder tune. Nice chords - sweet melody - really captures the waves dancing back and forth as you described. Nice work! I guess we'll be hearing more - seems the reviews are all rather positive!!
    ~Milan
    MC Gitarz

Thanks
    Mc Gitarz, thanks for the feedback, Yup Ill post some more but Ill take some time on the recording and playing. I guess I was kind of excited to hear what was possible with this wonderful instrument and thought Id share this little experiment with the folks in the clinic. There is a LOT to learn and not only the playing but the recording and capturing the best voices. The book was probably written by an engineer so it will take some time to master it. Definitely lots of new possibilities here.

Peace
    Bill

In a world full of chimpanzees I was a monkey
    Thanks
    hey dubya,
    Nice tinklin' man. I enjoyed the piece. I read that you cut highs off the the tone.... ....maybe a touch too much? The cut sounded like it might be a touch deep. Nice playing here man.

Thanks
    cool piece.. I like it..

I guess you recorded the left hand first and then added the right?

Thanks
    Great playing. Have to agree that it sounds a bit muddy, and I'm getting a little distortion here and there. Brighten it up a bit and back off the faders a tad. :-)

Some very quiet ocean waves in the background would sound cool... or is that too much. Maybe it is.

Keyboard is one of the few (basic) instruments I haven't really tried to learn yet. I really envy people who can elicit emotions with it. Nice work.

Piltdown Man
    "Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information