Piano composition

StarOcean27

If you like listening to solo piano you will enjoy this one. Please let me know what it need to adjust - eq, mix etc. This is a original piece with the style of Jim Brickman in mind.

Soundcloud shorten url:

http://bit.ly/1yTxAWJ

First off, this is beautiful. I would pull in the stereo image a little tighter but otherwise leave it alone. Whatever light compressing you're doing is good, it keeps the dynamics in check such that it is pleasing to listen to without adjusting your volume knob. The performance speaks for itself.

ADDITIONAL THOUGHTS: Is there an edit at 1:55? If there is, it could be smoother. If it was played that way, then leave it alone obviously.

Thanks everyone for listening to my music. A lot of the playing was intuitive and the stereo image is just whatever was used for sampling the piano. I didn't apply any effects at all to the mix.

Please help by liking and comments on it. Thank you!

The recording is great. I'm ok with the wide stereo image. The piano sounds crisp and resonant. The playing is great.

The tune itself is maybe a bit generic; even the key change was predictable. However, all-in-all very pleasant to listen to. Well done!

I really like the stereo sound in the recording. I would like to hear a little more out of the high frequencies on the higher notes to add some emotion but overall the vibe captured and represented is extremely favorable and a treat to listen to. A lot of clarity through out.

I feel as though this piece belongs in the soundtrack of Chrono Cross (a Japanese video game). It's pretty good. I can't really comment on the mix, as I'm listening though my laptop speakers, but the tune is pretty easy listening. It's not really powerful emotionally, but I can certainly enjoy it. Sure.

Back