The Photograph Album

Unfinished?

How do Gerry,
I enjoyed this. I made me smile.
I especially like the lyrics (background). They said much.
Is this an unfinished work? I was sorta expecting it to break into something else. Or, maybe it's a short ditty to tie two songs together on an album? Seems to me that it would work well for that. But, after all,
what do I know?
Bill

Hello Bill,

That's it, all you get, no more LOL Bit long for an intro and at nearly three minutes too long for a sandwich I think. Thanks for listening Bill.

I like movements that can take you places. That was nice. Those strings are meaty and smooth. I thought I was hearing something like it was tracking the guitar in the middle section, you got a roland midi pickup on that guitar or did you hand track it all??

Spot on Toki Roland GK-2A plus GR-30 on this one. I often switch to a Johnson J Station on Guitar. this one is all straight off the Roland. I have managed to find just the right settings on the GR-30 to allow great pitch bend and almost zero latency. Just means I can let fly on the guitar without spending time tidying it up afterwards.
Glad it took you there and thanks for the listen.

Gerry

Nice pleasant recording. Interesting too.

The only other thing I might offer is the first "section" of sound effects was a bit tough to hear.

Yes, nice imagery.
I'm going to take the rest of the tour at Pond now.;)

Changed my mind I'm just going to download them, nice site great stuff a listening pleasure.

wow..such a neat variety of stuff..and I really liked it all. Very reverberated...but that's cool. What kind of reverbs are you using? The quality is very good... dang...you've got over 30 items to listen to. Great stuff, what more can I say. Perfect stuff for the night table too.

and...after the reverbs... any other equipment your using... synths?... How much are you using the GR-30?...and have you tried the GR-33?...and do you control other synths with the guitar much?

I could ask questions all night long..

Thanks all for the listen and looks like I need to make this one a liitle longer. that's a job for a rainy day me thinks.
mixmkr I do not use the GR-30 synth at all. I just use the guitar as my midi-controller nothing else and use the synth on the Yamaha SW1000XG Sound Card for all my midi stuff. The GR-33 came out about a year after I had purchased the GR-30 and for what I use it for it's not worth my changing. I'm not sold on the GR Patches at all and playing the guitar fast gets you in all sorts of problems. I have found that by tweaking the bend range and using Patch 22 and then selecting instrument options via my sequencer Yamaha XG Works directly off the sound card I get good results. Audio I use Sonar XL but for midi XG Works does all I want it to do and more. Being PC stupid doesn't help LOL
When I want to blast some heavy guitar I just use a Johnson J-Station which is another great bit of kit, especially for removing cobwebs.

Gerry

I'm a sonic tapestry hound so this is right up my alley. I agree that the opening sounds could come up a little......where did you get the laughter and helicopters and live stuff? I'd also like the guitar up a little too.........nice sounds man. The only thing I would change....is the sound seems a little unfocused. It's a bit hard to pick out individual things although that could be what you were going for. I like it.

Lt Bob glad you like this one. firstly a good and sadly departed friend of mine always said I should concentrate on TV. Film or Advertising music and I purchased a Four CD pack of Sound Effects. The collection is called Sound Effects and the only name on the actual disc is SUIZA. Information states they are digitised live recordings. I played the music without any intentions of adding any effects at all, although I had images in my mind at the time.
I have used different effects from these CD's on different tracks such as Mountain Streams and some others. One comment I had in the past was that these effects should be kept low in the mix but I suspect they are too low on this one. Having received some great mails and commenting on this track the main complaint seems to be it's too short.
I need to get my head around the idea of possibly making this part of a much bigger thing and also remixing it. thanks for the encouragement it's always nice to know when something you have done works.

Gerry

Back