Peritus and Alec

Shaky Tee

Between being and nothing
Hey Guys,

I'm sorry to have disappeared. I caught a nasty case of the flu. Anyway, poor excuse, but I finished the vocals for "Ashes" that song you wanted to work on. I did about 4 takes and did a cut and paste of all the best parts (if you can call them that) into one file. The only thing I did after that was tweak the peaks. Nothing else was added: no compression, no EQ, no reverb. It's yours to do as you please.

Here's the MP3 file

Vocals were recorded with my trusty Oktava MK-319 mic, vocals done at 90 degree angle from the front of the mike, and run through my Art MP Studio Preamp into my Audiophile 24/96 soundcard. I mixed it down from 24/96 to 16/44. I think the file might sound a little muddy, myself, but see what you can do. If it's unusable, let me know.

Thanks guys, and again, apologies for the wait...

Maybe this is a mistake post? The only thinkg I hear is a womans voice about halfway thru...so maybe u only got part of 1 track on the mp3?

Is it just me? :confused:

Sure, it's usable. If it were me, though, I would want to redo it with less clipping. Try experimenting with distance and gain.

Oops, sorry, I just re-read the post and it was only supposed to be vocals...hehe my bad and nice voice :o

Back