People's stuff I'd like to hear in the MP3 clinic

B.SABBATH said:

I'd really like to hear a full blown finished mastered mixmkr production!

I hear ya. It has been a little bit for something really complete, I suppose. You are a tough act to follow with your 4 songs/week pace!! I have probably posted over a dozen or so items, I would think, maybe more. I just don't leave them up for longer than a month or so.

My problem, I friggin read the computer tooooo much rather than getting down to it. I do really get a kick out of listening to everyone else's stuff, so if that is what I enjoy...that works too. I am going to try and "wean" myself from here a little bit though. Get a little more "constructive" with things.

Here are some little ditties I recorded of a friend of mine that I posted awhile back. They were done on a Roland VM3100 and Logic. I like the way "When I'm Home" came out but "By the Way" is a little harsh sounding.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/texroadkill/singles

I'll hopefully post some stuff done on the new Ghost/Radar rig in awhile. I usually abort most of my original projects about half way through because I decide they suck and I haven't found any musicians to come over that are worth recording. All the good ones I ask flake out. Such is life.

tex...thanks alot!! I think I remember those.

I'll be glad to hear more what you think about your new setup.

I completely understand your situation too. Seems like I come up with something...and I go "man, I like this". By the time I have heard it for an hour or so, adding tracks and whatnot, I completely think it is just rehashed junk. Most of the people I record nowadays suck too, that I am basically just shying away from that, at this point. Gives me more time to wear my butt out and look into the computer at this forum!

thanks man....

I liked it too...even down to the ambient noise running around your house!!

Only stuff I've ever posted has been 'hacked', like a cable I rigged out of old antenna wired and modified a computer pre-amp to work as a DI for a Bass guitar I borrowed... And a tiny little computer mic I dropped into the body of a shitty classical acoustic I have (held together with duct tape, the guitar..). All the while, keep in mind I'm NOT a guitar player, but I figured I'd give it a shot...

I've got almost no audio gear left after theft, and being broke and selling it, and shit like that. Hell, my workstation isn't even capable of multi-tracking (too damn slow), I can't even use reason anymore 'cause I get to many damn 'too slow' messages.

One day I'll spend some money on myself, but it'll be a while!

Besides, you really think I have any time to enjoy myself? Ha!

W.

mixmkr said:
since C Harris posted a thread on pictures, maybe I can dig out some people and get them to post their stuff.

In no particular order, but mainly because you NEVER hear their stuff, or it is extremely limited as to what has been posted
8. some of the crew in the gtr forums... 64Firebird,
Well, heres something me and firebird did with our own band a few years ago.

I just recently finished producing my band's first CD, and it's in the final production phases right now....... release/distribuion should start mid-feb or so....

You can be sure I'll post when it becomes available!

Re: Re: People's stuff I'd like to hear in the MP3 clinic

participant said:
I have a CD of Tom's that he recorded of his own band... not sure if they're still together, or not. Next time I see him, I'll ask if he'd post something of his...

Actually... not sure if he'd like me to do this but... :D

Tom's Band

In the picture, he's second from the left w/the sunglasses.

His Garageband.com page, which has more info on him & his band from BITD (back in the day)...

ohhhh he's gonna be pissed :D

Honest Engine!!!!! Funk Yeah baby!!!!!! Rehan is a killer bassist. I lost track of them after their first CD BITD. I heard them on the radio once talking about their studio and how one of them, I'm assuming Tom, was going to be working the studio full time because of all the interest they got after the 2nd CD was recorded. Turn Out The Sun!!!!!

Whatever happened to the Obvious.. another band from BITD?

Re: Re: Re: People's stuff I'd like to hear in the MP3 clinic

JR#97 said:
Honest Engine!!!!! Funk Yeah baby!!!!!! Rehan is a killer bassist. I lost track of them after their first CD BITD. I heard them on the radio once talking about their studio and how one of them, I'm assuming Tom, was going to be working the studio full time because of all the interest they got after the 2nd CD was recorded. Turn Out The Sun!!!!!

Whatever happened to the Obvious.. another band from BITD?

Yeah... Tom's got a studio in his house... Paris rig.

The Obvious should have been huge... they broke up, & some of the members formed a band called "Promise", but I never heard them.

Have you heard of "New Release"? They got signed by Universal Records last year. Sylvia Massey (Tool, System of A Down) recorded 'em and their debut CD should be out in a month or two? They changed their name to ACROMA... so watch for 'em.

Dang.... plenty of cool bands from SLC that never made it... ACROMA just did.

(sorry, mix... O.T. :D)

c

Hey Chad, (G trying to slide this in while not destracting from the thread) Have you seen a band called "Booty Quake" out in SLC? ...just curious...

....actually a disco cover band. ....a bunch of white guys that dress up in fro's, bell's and stuff. They are a 4 piece w/ a midi'd horn section..... ....kinda like if KC and the SSB had big heavy guits. I know they get through utah now and then.... ...alot of fun to see... .....bring a chic, chics dig'em

:D

cool... they sound like the "Disco Drippers"... those guys are a local SLC disco cover band.

ANYWHO.... BACK TO MIX'S REGULARLY SHHHHEDULED THREAD...
WHAT? LITTLEDOG DOESN'T RECORD HIMSELF? A PITY. AND WHERE'S ED REI'S STUFF? HYAH... GET TO WORK! :D MUSH MUSH! ;)

re: the Pros

What woukld be really interesting would be to hear their PRE-mastered work. Given the complaints about commercial mastering sucking all the musicality out of the recording.

We all know what pro mixes sound like on CD and on record - but what do they sound like before they go to the mastering house?

My tuppence today.

Re: Re: People's stuff I'd like to hear in the MP3 clinic

Bdgr said:
Well, heres something me and firebird did with our own band a few years ago.

Okay, if any lawyers from the Jimi Hendrix estate is reading this thread, that isn't me and I had nothing to do with it.

Re: Re: Re: People's stuff I'd like to hear in the MP3 clinic

64Firebird said:
Okay, if any lawyers from the Jimi Hendrix estate is reading this thread, that isn't me and I had nothing to do with it.

I dont think he wrote that one....At least thats my story and Im sticking to it....

I'm curious if this one particular guy has posted anything new lately. He posted a song a while back called "The Way" that sounded 80's new wave-influenced, and it was really good. In fact I play it pretty often on my Winamp playlist. Don't know if anyone remembers what I'm talking about, but if he ever releases a CD I'd be glad to buy it.

riotshield said:
I'm curious if this one particular guy has posted anything new lately. He posted a song a while back called "The Way" that sounded 80's new wave-influenced, and it was really good

It was by "H20gun99"...

Guernica said:
....actually a disco cover band. ....a bunch of white guys that dress up in fro's, bell's and stuff. They are a 4 piece w/ a midi'd horn section..... ....kinda like if KC and the SSB had big heavy guits. I know they get through utah now and then.... ...alot of fun to see... .....bring a chic, chics dig'em

:D

bootie quake!!!! get your fro out and bell bottoms on! fun stuff.
the club they used to play at closed up. too bad. I'm not sure where they play now since I'm tied down the married with children life nowdays. but they were a damn fun evening to catch.

JR#97 said:
bootie quake!!!! get your fro out and bell bottoms on! fun stuff.
the club they used to play at closed up. too bad. I'm not sure where they play now since I'm tied down the married with children life nowdays. but they were a damn fun evening to catch.

...I know theyre still playing vegas quite a bit. The drummer and I played in a band together in the early 90's. ...for trivia's sake, the guit player in that band is the guy who played for Halford's "Fight".:D ....definitely added a different touch to 70's disco.:D

Back