People

chuckduffy

This is a tune called People. It's intended to convey the sum of my knowledge regarding People. Style wise it's kind of a mid 60s laid back, shambling, rambling pop number - maybe a little brill building thrown in. I originally envisioned it as a tune for a Ringo solo album. I feel the need to say right off the bat that this tune is neither goth nor trip-hop, and that I am going for a 'period' sound - thus some of the odd level decisions.

People

Thanks again to everyone who commented on my last number. Lots of great feedback that really helped me with the mix.

Funny, as I have had the same goal in mind a few times (my parents wore out Goodnight Vienna when I was a kid) but never really came close to that sound.

This sounds great. The bass and drums are really solid and have great retro tones to them. The bass in particular really has a nice meaty sound. The level was pretty high on that though. I'm ok with it, but maybe too much on some systems?

Piano and guitar sound great too. Possibly a little too much verb on the lead vocal though? I dunno, it just seemed like the tail (is that what its called) hung around a little too long maybe. Another fine recording of a fun tune. Thanks.

Funny, as I have had the same goal in mind a few times (my parents wore out Goodnight Vienna when I was a kid) but never really came close to that sound.

This sounds great. The bass and drums are really solid and have great retro tones to them. The bass in particular really has a nice meaty sound. The level was pretty high on that though. I'm ok with it, but maybe too much on some systems?

Piano and guitar sound great too. Possibly a little too much verb on the lead vocal though? I dunno, it just seemed like the tail (is that what its called) hung around a little too long maybe. Another fine recording of a fun tune. Thanks.

Thanks man- I only start out with ideas for Ringo tracks, I never really get close either :-) I know I'm pushing the bass, and wonder myself whether it is too much. The verb is something I always have problems with. I think I will try a shorter decay time or maybe just an 'echo'.

Thanks for checking it out and replying!

thanks guys - now it's time to circle back and add a guitar track to another tune. i'm gonna try my 1 watt pignose amp this time :-)

Love it! Great vibe man!

The only thing I could do with is a bit more snap out of the snare. Maybe a tad more 7-10k to hear a bit more ringy crack in it.

Love it! Great vibe man!

The only thing I could do with is a bit more snap out of the snare. Maybe a tad more 7-10k to hear a bit more ringy crack in it.

I did some aggressive high end roll-offs on just about everything trying to mimic an older freq response - with the exception of the vocal. I will check out this idea for the snare and see how it goes. I don't think there is any ring to bring out, but there might be some crack :-)

Thanks for checking it out and taking the time to respond!

Back