Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: People

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,432
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
    Rep Power
    9456310

    People

    Sign in to disable this ad
    This is a tune called People. It's intended to convey the sum of my knowledge regarding People. Style wise it's kind of a mid 60s laid back, shambling, rambling pop number - maybe a little brill building thrown in. I originally envisioned it as a tune for a Ringo solo album. I feel the need to say right off the bat that this tune is neither goth nor trip-hop, and that I am going for a 'period' sound - thus some of the odd level decisions.

    People

    Thanks again to everyone who commented on my last number. Lots of great feedback that really helped me with the mix.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,342
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 94 Times in 87 Posts
    Rep Power
    21474854
    Funny, as I have had the same goal in mind a few times (my parents wore out Goodnight Vienna when I was a kid) but never really came close to that sound.

    This sounds great. The bass and drums are really solid and have great retro tones to them. The bass in particular really has a nice meaty sound. The level was pretty high on that though. I'm ok with it, but maybe too much on some systems?

    Piano and guitar sound great too. Possibly a little too much verb on the lead vocal though? I dunno, it just seemed like the tail (is that what its called) hung around a little too long maybe. Another fine recording of a fun tune. Thanks.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,432
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
    Rep Power
    9456310
    Quote Originally Posted by heatmiser View Post
    Funny, as I have had the same goal in mind a few times (my parents wore out Goodnight Vienna when I was a kid) but never really came close to that sound.

    This sounds great. The bass and drums are really solid and have great retro tones to them. The bass in particular really has a nice meaty sound. The level was pretty high on that though. I'm ok with it, but maybe too much on some systems?

    Piano and guitar sound great too. Possibly a little too much verb on the lead vocal though? I dunno, it just seemed like the tail (is that what its called) hung around a little too long maybe. Another fine recording of a fun tune. Thanks.
    Thanks man- I only start out with ideas for Ringo tracks, I never really get close either :-) I know I'm pushing the bass, and wonder myself whether it is too much. The verb is something I always have problems with. I think I will try a shorter decay time or maybe just an 'echo'.

    Thanks for checking it out and replying!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,092
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 61 Times in 60 Posts
    Rep Power
    13718568
    Cool tune bro. Pulled it off real good :P
    So long home recording dot com. Kiss my ass!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Another Dimension
    Posts
    3,925
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 33 Times in 7 Posts
    Rep Power
    21474849
    You captured the sound that's for sure. Nice job
    Mea Culpa -:- What Blog? - Good Artist Copy, Great Artist Steal...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,432
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
    Rep Power
    9456310
    thanks guys - now it's time to circle back and add a guitar track to another tune. i'm gonna try my 1 watt pignose amp this time :-)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Love it! Great vibe man!

    The only thing I could do with is a bit more snap out of the snare. Maybe a tad more 7-10k to hear a bit more ringy crack in it.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,432
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
    Rep Power
    9456310
    Quote Originally Posted by TPeroda85 View Post
    Love it! Great vibe man!

    The only thing I could do with is a bit more snap out of the snare. Maybe a tad more 7-10k to hear a bit more ringy crack in it.
    I did some aggressive high end roll-offs on just about everything trying to mimic an older freq response - with the exception of the vocal. I will check out this idea for the snare and see how it goes. I don't think there is any ring to bring out, but there might be some crack :-)

    Thanks for checking it out and taking the time to respond!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Cool man! Totally got that vibe out of the tune! Listened again and love it!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,432
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
    Rep Power
    9456310
    Quote Originally Posted by TPeroda85 View Post
    Cool man! Totally got that vibe out of the tune! Listened again and love it!
    Thanks again man! One person listening more than once is a gold record in my world :-)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. People Helping People......wanna join haha
    By scottii15 in forum Newbies
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-17-2011, 23:47
  2. Metal People Calling All Metal People
    By Analytical Man in forum Recording Techniques
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 09-24-2002, 13:09

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •