Partners

The intro chords remind me of a Bob Segar song. Nice change when it opens up to stereo. I don't think the vocal is sitting very well with everything else. Maybe it's the reverb you're using. It might also benefit from a high pass. The song develops and builds well

Cool song...I definitely think you can get that vocal sitting more comfortable in the mix with a combination of eq and using a different reverb with more air to it. The vocal sounds quite heavy on the mid range EQ. Minor quibbles though cos the song shines through

Mark

Thank you both. I've heard from others about the vocals in mix. I am going to work on that. Thanks again.

Bob Seger? I've gone to over a thousand concerts. In the early 80s, I knew and worked for some ticket scalpers. One gave me a stack of tickets for Seger at MSG to sell. He said get whatever you can for them. I could not sell one for a dime. There wasn't even anyone looking for a ticket, and I'm excellent at buying and selling concert tickets. I sold the stack (at least 50) for $5 total. That person lost $5. Because they weren't going to sell one. Great show. I still love the song "Night Moves."

I think I hear the vocals clipping at 1:16 on the word eyes.
Otherwise it sounds very good to me. Nice 3/4 sea shanty feel to it.

The vocals and some of the tune itself reminds me of old old Pink Floyd...Like "See Emily Play". I do think the vocals start too far forward like other have said. Needs to blend a little better. I also think you may be using a little too much verb on everything...or maybe just the wrong verb. Good job though!

Overall, I think this a very good song.

As everyone mentioned above already, if the vocals sat a little better with the rest of the mix, this song would sound even nicer...Maybe less reverb on every element would further enhance the mix? (although, I can't really comment on reverb levels as it is a matter of personal taste).

Overall, I think this a very good song.

As everyone mentioned above already, if the vocals sat a little better with the rest of the mix, this song would sound even nicer...Maybe less reverb on every element would further enhance the mix? (although, I can't really comment on reverb levels as it is a matter of personal taste).

Thank you.

I LOVE reverb. It is definitely a specific taste. But, there's never enough for me.

---------- Update ----------

The vocals and some of the tune itself reminds me of old old Pink Floyd...Like "See Emily Play". I do think the vocals start too far forward like other have said. Needs to blend a little better. I also think you may be using a little too much verb on everything...or maybe just the wrong verb. Good job though!

Thank you.

That's the first thing I thought, early floyd - not imitative but just evokes that 'vibe' - and it feels really genuine, it's nearly impossible to fake. Can't really fault the verb cause people have been chasing me for using too much verb for the past 30+ years :-)

That's the first thing I thought, early floyd - not imitative but just evokes that 'vibe' - and it feels really genuine, it's nearly impossible to fake. Can't really fault the verb cause people have been chasing me for using too much verb for the past 30+ years :-)

ps - had to go queue up Fearless. What a song...

Back