Parkway Drive Cover Test With Virtual Guitar (Shreddage SRP)

Kind of an 80's feel, if that's what you were going for. At least at the beginning.

Guitars sound like amp sims. The grain on the distortion is nice, but there isn't a lot of punch.

I also think the guitars lack a bit of punch. It was played nice and tight though. Couldn't tell if there was any bass but if there is, I'd say push it up a bit.

i think levels are the thing to work on here. lead seems a touch too loud. when everything kicks in, it's very underwhelming - as if the band is much further back than everything else. not a fan of the snare sound. too much body, not much top crisp. when it hits during a full band moment, you can hardly hear it because it's in the same tonal range as the heavy guitars. maybe less 200hz or so and more top end will help make it stick out.

also, those intro guitars sound extraordinarily 80's. think it's the delay/verb going on. on the other hand. hats, and kick sound great. the cymbals seems to die out very fast.

i noticed that you aren't programming the drum hits' velocity manually. the snare from 0:12 - 0:15 is identical in volume. go in there and adjust the velocities of each hit. it's time consuming, but really necessary for a "natural" feel to the kit. it sounds very programmed as it is. that isn't to say you won't fool the average listener, but they may find something unauthentic about it, without being able to point it out precisely.

nice work. great playing

Back