Paranoid - (slightly punk) Black Sabbath Cover

I think the rhythm guitars and vocal sound pretty near the original - from what I remember. I thought they sounded pretty good.

The bass has pretty good tone. Plenty of definition. I think you could probably nudge it up a little bit.

The cymbals are a little hissy. Lots of high end going on. The snare lacks a little bit of power. It's a little flappy. Kick sounded pretty good to me.

A good cover. I listen to the second mix. You had a really good lead guitar tone. I like the vocal too.
I enjoyed the listen man, great job!

I like the solo tone about 10,000x better than the original...but Iommi does something kind of cool on the original. There's a harmony line pretty low in the mix...similarly fuzzed out like the true lead, but the effect ended up being pretty cool.

I like the solo tone about 10,000x better than the original...but Iommi does something kind of cool on the original. There's a harmony line pretty low in the mix...similarly fuzzed out like the true lead, but the effect ended up being pretty cool.

Cheers, I know the bit you mean. I think the solo in the original is just adlibbed anyway so I just adlibbed it too. He's obviously left two takes on there though and put the slightly shittier one way down in the background.

I think I just used a phaser and a delay with the amp down fairly quiet to get that slightly stiff tone then I just added re-verb afterwards.

---------- Update ----------

A good cover. I listen to the second mix. You had a really good lead guitar tone. I like the vocal too.
I enjoyed the listen man, great job!
Cheers, Jimi.
I like the vocal too.
LOL - fuck off you lying bastard! That's a voice only a mother could love... and even she hates it.

Back