Paranoia -feedback request

Mix is pretty sparse, definitely has to have the video. I didn't hear anything that sounded bad. I did only listen on headphones as a reference.

Mix is pretty sparse, definitely has to have the video. I didn't hear anything that sounded bad. I did only listen on headphones as a reference.

when you say: "mix is sparse" you mean, bad mixing, or you talk about the song which could have more elements, or sound more characteristic? (or maybe both )

I liked it... I do think it I would like it more if the vocals were a lot cleaner (less effects) and a little louder. At one point I wanted to hear a dreamy screaming bending (if there is such a thing) guitar riff or short solo just for an emotional boost. All in all very good. I liked the sparce mix , meaning not a lot of instruments or over production. Enjoyed it .. mark

I liked it... I do think it I would like it more if the vocals were a lot cleaner (less effects) and a little louder. At one point I wanted to hear a dreamy screaming bending (if there is such a thing) guitar riff or short solo just for an emotional boost. All in all very good. I liked the sparce mix , meaning not a lot of instruments or over production. Enjoyed it .. mark

thank you ! i think it might be a good idea, this emotional boost, i will definitely try it, i'm looking for improving some of my songs
thank you :3

when you say: "mix is sparse" you mean, bad mixing, or you talk about the song which could have more elements, or sound more characteristic? (or maybe both )

Mix was fine, just not a lot of elements, which works with the video as the video fills the void. I don't think it could stand on its own, but it does work very nicely with the video.

I’ve been listening to a lot of electronic music lately. I enjoyed the song and the video just made it more interesting.

I quite like the open and empty treatment for the music but I always cheat a bit on these things and turn the sound OFF, then watch the video first. I then get a mental impression of the things I'm going to hear. I got a totally different feel. The machinery going thump, crash, the quite violent feel to the edit, the up tempo feel of the cuts, then discovered a laid back chilled piece of music (which I like). Not sure on the match though?

I kind of enjoyed this. Because I listen to music like this. It has a really cool slow sex dance (Sputnik's Dancearama), but it lacks the sex. Honestly, with a piece like this, it's the most important part. It could just be me, but I couldn't understand a single word in the vocal.

I enjoyed the video. But, I do have to say, you have that snare or wood block (whatever it is) and nothing was synced to hit in the video on that beat. You have those two pieces of steel smashing like fists and not one hits on it. It's also machinery, which is not sexy.

While it might seem like I'm ripping your work apart. I'm not. There's a lot of good there. It's literally my type of song. As it is, if I heard it on a radio I would make it through without changing the channel. Which if you knew me, is a big thing.

Pretty creative! It would be interesting to hear another element that picks up the
energy and intensity matching the quickening pace is the video. well done!

yea maybe if you watch first the video, it seems totally out of contact
i picked this video for few reasons, first i liked it a lot, and the second part of it, for me it felt it suits nicely to my secnd part of the song, these are machines in the video, like we may be, if we are determined, if there's no free will, and we are a lot like machines, fwe follow patterns, i wrote this song about some dark period in my life, felt the video suits.

---------- Update ----------

thank you, so kind

thank you, it wasn't meant to be sexy tho, but i wanna make my next song sexy
lyrics if you wonder:

is it all real
is it real
how we are
i think iv'e lost my sight
here i go and meet your shadow
it's damn dark
i feel like i never knew you
i don't think you ever knew me
is it all real
is it part of me
feel this greedy ray less creature
i don't wanna know about it x2
paranoia's here
brought with it it's doubty
what's goin on
with me

i made a remake, not exactly as u imagined
it's even more sparse tho

YouTube

but that's the vibe i imagined from the beginning for this song

So, I spend most of my day listening to trance music while I code. I didn't even look at the video.

This reminds me a lot of a track off Daft Punk's "Random Access Memory" Mix-wise, I'd say there could probably be a bit more high-end to open it up a bit. The whole mix is pretty understated, and for music like this, I think it works. I actually enjoyed the track a lot on its own. Good work.

i made a remake, not exactly as u imagined
it's even more sparse tho

YouTube

but that's the vibe i imagined from the beginning for this song

For me, this is much better then the other video. It is sexy. It's HUMAN. Excellent job.

I'm just curious though: Is that a real human vocal or that machine that sings for a human? It has a great tone.

For me, this is much better then the other video. It is sexy. It's HUMAN. Excellent job.

I'm just curious though: Is that a real human vocal or that machine that sings for a human? It has a great tone.

thank you:D, its a mix of a human, me- and a machine, my one and only

So, I spend most of my day listening to trance music while I code. I didn't even look at the video.

This reminds me a lot of a track off Daft Punk's "Random Access Memory" Mix-wise, I'd say there could probably be a bit more high-end to open it up a bit. The whole mix is pretty understated, and for music like this, I think it works. I actually enjoyed the track a lot on its own. Good work.

thank you for such a generous comment
happy to hear you enjoyed !

I liked it, even if my age demo (71) is probably not the target. Could the vocal be a bit louder, as it is a "message" song, so the words need to be heard. It would be to do a non-video version where some of the printed text is quickly read, perhaps with some overlaying of the words (just not too much).

Back