Para One & The South African Youth Choir - Elevation (KieranCampbell Remix)

I caught your "Wonky sounding garage" track and thought I would give your other one a listen too. I like this a bit better than the other, actually. Very solid groove, interesting layering, and a cool lofi retro sound on the main synth patch. The repeated vocal sample could get old if it went on too long, but you were good at anticipating when your listener will have had enough of that, and you move on to a new part. What sets this track above the other is it seem to me the flow of creative ideas continues right to the end. You've got some very cool, subtle layering of a kind of synth bongo sound and various other background sounds in the very last part of the song.

I'll repeat what I said on the other post. It's frustrating to get no comments, and certainly it wouldn't incline you to become an active poster yourself. The MP3 clinic was in a sorry state when I joined the forum and is slowly improving. It has to be built back up on the principle of reciprocity. Join us if you wish.

Yes, groove is stone hard. And why not try to add some more interesting elements and make some more transitions and cut some bars? Listen to top house songs, u'll notice how few bars there really are until something new happens.

The intro was cool, but too long. I wanted the song to get going faster.

Vocal was OK. Had a cheap-mic sound tho.

The techno bass was real sterile. I know it should be somewhat sterile for this genre. But it had that bouncy basketball sound.

Drums sounded good - appropriate for the genre.

Back