Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: paper cup

Thanks

paper cup

Sign in to disable this ad
    Ok, my 2nd new tune this year...suddenly I'm all prolific and stuff??

This one is kind of strange I guess. Starts off slow and a little depressing, but does pick up steam as it goes along to some extent. At least it's shorter this time! Really simple tune, maybe too much so, but I think I threw some interesting sounds in there.

The mix is strange too. I just listened to some super clear, full mixes here and while I want this to sound a little rough around the edges, I worry that it just sounds rough.

Please let me know what you think. Even though it may not sound like it from my results, I remember everything you folks mention and take it into consideration every time I go back to the drawing board.

SoundClick artist: kingseesar - paper cup

2.16.12 mix with louder vocals:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...ongID=11443881

Yes, I realize that the blaring, bullhorn vocals are kind of obnoxious, but I think I'm ok with that...thanks.
    Last edited by heatmiser; 02-16-2012 at 13:43. Reason: added new mix

Thanks
    That's bad ass dude. There isn't much advice I could give. It sounds great on my crappy little computer speakers and that's always a good sign
    So long home recording dot com. Kiss my ass!

Thanks
    Yeah dood, I don't have anything either. Least not on my lappy. Sounds like everything is in it's place for the tune. I almost don't even want to listen in the studio cuz it will be redundant. Good stuff man!
    PC Win7-64-24G i7-4790k/Cubase 10 Pro 64-bit/2-Steinberg UR824's/ADAM A7x/Event TR8/SS Trigger Plat Deluxe/Melodyne 4 Studio/Other things that don't mean anything if a client shows up not knowing what it wants.

Thanks
    The mid-EQ'ed vocals need to come up... Very covered up by everything else, and that makes them hard to decipher, especially when they're popping in and out with the wide-panned vocals.

Low mids (400HZ band) needs to be tamed in the overall mix a bit (mostly guitars and vocals).. 1-2 Q down about 4-5 Db is what I'd probably do.

Love the guitar "solo" in the middle and toward the end. Great use of the "wah"

I think the lows need to come up a bit, but I'm listening on crappy earbuds, so... Not 100% sure about that.

Overall, I think it represents the whole "heatmiser" franchise very well.

Thanks for sharing, Pete!
    --PoeticIntensity
    ArtCitySound.com

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FoulPhil View Post
    That's bad ass dude. There isn't much advice I could give. It sounds great on my crappy little computer speakers and that's always a good sign
    Really? Thanks Phil. Maybe it only sounds good on crappy speakers though. Wouldn't that be a shame? Thanks for the reassurance.
    Listening to your tune now and will try to comment soon...

Quote Originally Posted by jimmys69 View Post
    Yeah dood, I don't have anything either. Least not on my lappy. Sounds like everything is in it's place for the tune. I almost don't even want to listen in the studio cuz it will be redundant. Good stuff man!
    Looks like I've got the tiny speakers angle covered! Thank you for listening and letting me know it sounds ok.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PoeticIntensity View Post
    The mid-EQ'ed vocals need to come up... Very covered up by everything else, and that makes them hard to decipher, especially when they're popping in and out with the wide-panned vocals.

Low mids (400HZ band) needs to be tamed in the overall mix a bit (mostly guitars and vocals).. 1-2 Q down about 4-5 Db is what I'd probably do.

Love the guitar "solo" in the middle and toward the end. Great use of the "wah"

I think the lows need to come up a bit, but I'm listening on crappy earbuds, so... Not 100% sure about that.

Overall, I think it represents the whole "heatmiser" franchise very well.

Thanks for sharing, Pete!
    Thanks for the specifics PI. Yeah, the bullhorn vocal track is fine in the intro and outro I think, and while I rode the fader boosting it some as the tune progressed, I may not have done it enough...by the 3rd verse they are kind lost in there. I can make it all out, but then again I know the lyrics, so I probably fill in the blanks myself.

I'll check out the low mids. I did cut more in that area than normal on this tune for most of the guitar and vocal tracks, but maybe some additional surgery is in order.

Thanks again!

Thanks
    excellent heat, has your usual style about it but theres an almost old time swing about...Id agree with PI, the bullhorn vocals could come up a bit...nice solo

the mix seems clear and clean, has a warm analog sound about it this one...but its the sloppy chug to it that I like the most, it washes along like waves

enjoyed this as much as I enjoy all your songs...perhaps its you that needs to be getting an album together
    Quote Originally Posted by jimistone View Post
    you scare me.
    Album My Soundcloud page

Thanks
    Ok, listened in the studio. Still sounds great. A few little notes;

I had to check to make sure my sub was on. Almost nothing under 80hz. Seems a bit of movement here would really help it to push through.

The bullhorn thing, I don't know if it needs more volume, but needs something. This might be one of the rare occasions that I would actually try copying the track, delay one 10ms, and pan. I think the effect might bring it into the song better. It just sits a bit sterile as it is, though that could be what you are after.

Either way, love the tune, even if left as it is. Has a vintage kinda vibe, without sounding vintage. I almost hear the clicks of an old vinyl record in my head while listening.

Props to the heat!
    PC Win7-64-24G i7-4790k/Cubase 10 Pro 64-bit/2-Steinberg UR824's/ADAM A7x/Event TR8/SS Trigger Plat Deluxe/Melodyne 4 Studio/Other things that don't mean anything if a client shows up not knowing what it wants.

Thanks
    Dude - I'm sold. Awesome track. Love it.

Thanks
    the guitars sound great, but i think they need to be turned down, and the vox just a bit up.

and i'm usually a person that buries vox, but these are p buried.

tones are pretty great. a little too much snap for me for the snare, but it sounds nice. great electric tone and acoustic tone.

everything is seperated really well. you did some good work. the bg vox could come up some too, but you may have to eq them some, i can't tell at this volume.

all in all, nice mix.

Thread Information