"Pali Face", a fuzzy spacey instrumental

Great sound drums/guitar/bass
Can't really fault the overall sound.
As you imply - it's not a fully formed song yet.
You have a nice - very nice sounding moody, brooding, pink Floyd with gong overtones sound - what's needed is a story board and 2 or more different feel sections where the overdrive/fuzz guitar is replaced by a different instrument and feel. I thought you nearly went for it at times with a cleaner/chorus sounding guitar popping through. Having such a good dark/brooding bit gives you a great opportunity for contrast think Floyd comfortably numb or most of their stuff to be honest - different section - change to the major or go quieter then major/load.
Great sound though

Great sound drums/guitar/bass
Can't really fault the overall sound.
As you imply - it's not a fully formed song yet.
You have a nice - very nice sounding moody, brooding, pink Floyd with gong overtones sound - what's needed is a story board and 2 or more different feel sections where the overdrive/fuzz guitar is replaced by a different instrument and feel. I thought you nearly went for it at times with a cleaner/chorus sounding guitar popping through. Having such a good dark/brooding bit gives you a great opportunity for contrast think Floyd comfortably numb or most of their stuff to be honest - different section - change to the major or go quieter then major/load.
Great sound though

thanks for listening air.. appreciate the comments.
you have good ideas about expanding the instrumental version,
i'm not sure if i'll spend any more time on this until i write the lyrics and put the vox down.

here's the guitar signal chain for this tune:

pedals-2019.jpg

Rich guitars and a love the Em jam at the outro. Was this all done using mic'd guitar tones?

hey stevie,
glad your diggin' this jam.

all the rhythm guitars are miced,
all the solo guitar is thru the Palmer PDI-09, line level.
but the amp was frikin' loud, that's how i get the amp to hit the palmer correctly.
some power amp saturation going on.

tracked the vox today,
with my somewhat recently damaged pneumonia-addled voice...

new song title: Lost Dream

Back