Painted Glass

Hi cellar...the mix sounds pretty good. Nice Synth on intro, but your vox a bit to low.

The distorted/overdrive axe that comes in right before 1:4 sounds good.

Are you putting some lead solos to dance around in this tune? Would sound great.

As usual, your voice tone and the way you execute it, is perfect in this dark sounding stuff. You have a great voice.

The vox is a bit walked on by the distorted/overdrive guitar. You may want to bring your vox more forward.

I kept waiting for a kick in as the tune builds, and almost got it at the 1:4 spot...but it just never quite let go... I guess it is because I kept hearing all kinds of cool places for a lead guitar to come in and tease and of course that long solo stretch.. ;) :D

Cool one Ryan. :cool:

Ok, Bro...got it to work. Nice tune. I think it could use some Ooomph in the vocals...leave the main ones low, but have some different ones backing them up...low grunts, and maybe some screams. Barely audible, but enough to fatten the words up. I love drony stuff like this...you know Candlemass?

Anyways...cool stuff man. Now, when's we gonna hook up on something, Bro??? :D

Good job, although I'm not an expert in this genre. It seemed like the music sounded thin, perhaps a little more compression might help and also if you brought your vocals up an octave the second time around would give it a little more intensity so that the song is going somewhere.

Steve

hey cellar...still doing the yorks and diy stands?

not bad imo. my space needs to allow listening while surfing though, for the short attention span and,,,,,,,,,,.....

The vocals definitely need to come up I think. The drums seem a bit too loud also. Maybe EQ out some of the higher frequencies on the snare - sounds a bit too bright for my liking.

The drums that far up in the mix sound really mechanical.
The vox need a little automated fader action as they dip on occasion.
Apart from those two things this is an intriguing piece.

Thanx so much for the kind words....
Sorry for the delay.
I posted the song from school, being as I have no internet at 'home'.

Slipknot ~ A good friend with whom I've recently become reacquainted is going to familiarize me with some of their newer stuff which I have not yet heard.

And yes, still doing the Yorks with the DIY stands filled with blue sand! :D

Back