paging b sabbath

dobro

Hey I was going through all the mp3s I've downloaded since the beginning of the year and of all the stuff you've done, my favorite's that instrumental - it's called Instrumental #5. Big size song, big horizon song. Have you done anything with it or are you going to leave it as is? No ethereal backing vocals? No spoken passages? No vocal? :)

this is the stuff private messages are made of! :D
thanks for asking.. someone from the clinic is laying vocals to them.. I don't want to drop any names though.. just in case it doesn't fly..

erase thread. :D

"The administrator has specified that you can only edit messages for 727 minutes after you have posted. This limit has expired, so you must contact the administrator to make alterations on your message."

Poop.

chrisharris said:
This is the greatest thread of all time.

C w/5 Big Ones!!!

-The Self-Appointed BBS Cleaning Clinician

What about that weekend jail sentence harris?LMAO!Thats what happens when you hang out with a bunch of crazy musicians.:D

well, it's not so bad when it's at the very top...but then when somebody like KRAMER starts replying to it when it's down four or five spaces...yeah...

:D :D :D

But it IS the greatest thread of all time

Now, i put at least 3 big smiley's in my post so Kramer wouldn't get offended...they're not showing up on my screen for some reason...but it was a joke.

But I will still tell the jail story in a bit.

chrisharris said:
Now, i put at least 3 big smiley's in my post so Kramer wouldn't get offended...they're not showing up on my screen for some reason...but it was a joke.

But I will still tell the jail story in a bit.

LMAO!I can see the smileys.LOL.My post was a joke because I was actaully DOING what my post was complaining about.:D I guess my dry humor didnt come through on that one.I should have put one of these down at the bottom of the page.:D

:DTell the jail story man!

Really you dont have to.Just e-mail with all of the details.LMAO!

Kramer said:

:DTell the jail story man!
lol...I should do this in the Cave, but since you don't frequent that place anymore...lol.

I've started playing solo shows at some of the clubs that my band plays. Don't get me wrong, I love the band, and it's a blast, but we all live in seperate cities, so we can't practice new (original) tunes, and I'm too old to be in a cover band...lol. So anyway, I play a gig in Houston Saturday night, (it's about a 3 hour drive from my house)...and.....perhaps I should back up some....

I have a problem with speeding. Not so much a problem with speeding as with the fines that often accompany such behavior. Back when I was in college, I discovered that I was a much safer driver if I had an outstanding warrant. You know..."oh crap, better not get pulled over or I'll go to jail." So about 3 years ago, I was called at the last minute to appear at a hearing about 90 miles from my house...and I had just over an hour to get there. I was stopped doing 95m.p.h.. The firm I was working with said they'd pay the ticket, but they let it fall through the cracks. So, I knew that I had a warrant out...and for the last 3 years, I've been a safe driver, lol. I had a real philosophical problem paying that ticket, so I just didn't. :D :D

Back to present. I drive back from Houston Saturday night for 3 hours...I'm literally one mile from my exit, and I get pulled over for driving a whopping 6 miles over the speed limit on the highway at 3a.m....With fines and penalties, the cost of clearing out the ticket was gonna' be about $1,800.00, which I didn't have on me, b/c I'm not a crack dealer. So I went to jail and hung out with the Saturday night drunks until the judge cut me loose the next morning for "time served." Ticket gone. I know the magistrate, so that helps.

Now for the funny part. Right before the arraignment, I'm in a holding tank with about 25 other guys...I get along with 24 of them just fine, but one's an asshole. I knew I was gonna' get out after the arraignment when I saw who the magistrate was, so I casually let this guy know that I was totally gonna' kick his sorry ass as soon as we got back from the arraignment. (Imagine that statement declared loudly to impress the other 24 felons in the room, lol. At the arraignment, I got called first b/c of my "connections," lol, and everybody was pretty surprised when I got off for time served, and they're thinking this is the coolest judge ever...especially when he told the bailiff to expedite my release instead of the usual "after lunch" thing. So the hearing's at 9, I'm out by 9:10, and I very quietly asked the judge to lock that one S.O.B. up for at least a week or set his bail at some ridiculously high (but justifiable) amount. He was in for injury to a child, so that'll tell you what kind of an asshole he was. Anyway, by the time that guy gets out, I'm sure he will have forgotten about me...lol.

All in all, I rate the night as about a 9.5. Yes, I know this is probably weird behavior for a lawyer to engage in, but you'd have to know me...and this town...lol. Law degree or not, I don't feel or act much differently than I did when I was 17...I should probably grow up some before I hit 40.

Now thats the kind of saturday night shit I like to hear about!LMAO!:D

chrisharris said:
Yes, I know this is probably weird behavior for a lawyer to engage in, but you'd have to know me...and this town...lol. Law degree or not, I don't feel or act much differently than I did when I was 17...I should probably grow up some before I hit 40.

Not a chance.You'll still be a kid when you're 80.It's a musician thing.:eek:

Cool story Chris!5 STARS!

lol...I should do this in the Cave, but since you don't frequent that place anymore...lol.

I decided to go in there last night and I ran into a thread that some asshole named "camn" coded with a forwarded url to a military nuke pic.Couldnt even read the thread without being forwarded to that url.:mad:

The guy has nambla . org(dont go there!) set as his homepage so that should tell you what kind of piece of shit he is.

P.S.... Chris.. your little story reminded me of a great musician joke...

What's the diference between a musician and a mutual fund...?

-The mutual fund will eventually mature and start earning money.

WATYF

Yeah, i agree...let's just use this as a general message board. You know, like the "DAW Users with ADD" thread, lol. Instead of starting new threads that don't have mp3's in them, let's use this one....

Forever.

I'll check it daily...lol.

[edit]...and that was a funny joke, watyf.

chrisharris said:
Yeah, i agree...let's just use this as a general message board. You know, like the "DAW Users with ADD" thread, lol. Instead of starting new threads that don't have mp3's in them, let's use this one....

I suggseted that with Guernicas "Fark Santa Claus" thread but the idea didnt catch on.Just give me the go ahead and I will enforce this mandate now.Violaters will be severely flamed ad strip searched.

ALL off topics will now be posted in THIS thread FOREVER.This has now become the mp3 clinics "DAW Users with ADD" thread.

like anybody is gonna pay attention to my dumbass.Bwahahahaha!
:D

Back