Overtime

Way, way back I recall saying all you needed for your tunes was real drums.
With PI providing those for you they are officially 3 min miracles.
& the mastering doesn't hurth them either.
In fact grand job by the ME.
Did you do anything new before ending it for mastering?
The guitars sound a little different - tougher I think.
Your b vox are clearer.
Is it slightly, ever so slightly faster?
GREAT song, terrific performances all around & cool mastering.
Oh, you might leave a TINY 1/2 sec or something of silence at the beginning of the tracks as it starts as my media player is sill coming up - could be just me!@

Way, way back I recall saying all you needed for your tunes was real drums.
With PI providing those for you they are officially 3 min miracles.
& the mastering doesn't hurth them either.
In fact grand job by the ME.
Did you do anything new before ending it for mastering?
The guitars sound a little different - tougher I think.
Your b vox are clearer.
Is it slightly, ever so slightly faster?
GREAT song, terrific performances all around & cool mastering.
Oh, you might leave a TINY 1/2 sec or something of silence at the beginning of the tracks as it starts as my media player is sill coming up - could be just me!@

Thanks Ray! Nope - same tempo as always :D Jan can do wonders with mastering as evidenced by the couple of tunes I've posted here. I sent him the stems and he worked his magic on them. I'm also very happy with the playing on this - couldn't do any like this without the help of a lot of talented guys. :D

Sounds ballsy.

How many layers of rhythm gt ? 1 or 2 on each side ? And what reverb you got on them ?

Nice recording, great 70s guitar sound, reminicent of BTO, catchy song, nice vox. Good work, really enjoyed the listen.

Nice. Fat tone on the lead guitar; neck pos single coil? I dig that. Smooth playing too. :)

Vocal rules. You've got a smooth EC feel. :)

Real drums. It makes a GIGANTASAUROUS difference. I can't wait to get mine. :D

Nice job. :cool:

Great song, and great performances all around. The whole mix sounds great to me...smooth and cohesive - very nice. I'd like to hear the leads a little louder/clearer. That's the only nit I can point out. I like your vocals a lot, and the groove of the song is great. I think the mastering is very good, it sounds really balanced and full to my ears. Nice work!

Best,

Dave
SoundClick artist: Dave DeWhitt - page with MP3 music downloads

How many layers of rhythm gt ? 1 or 2 on each side ? And what reverb you got on them ?
Thanks CFox. I have 6 guitar tracks. 3 Tracks a side. Each side has 2 tracks of rhythm mostly 1st pos. and 1 track of rhythm in the upper neck area. It hits a Bb on the 15th for example. 83 Kramer Pacer Imperial-> Marshall JCM900 -> SM57 -> Lexicon U42S -> Sonar. Added some Lexicon Pantheon (Concert Hall) reverb via effects send.

Nice recording, great 70s guitar sound, reminicent of BTO, catchy song, nice vox. Good work, really enjoyed the listen.
Thanks PDP!

Nice. Fat tone on the lead guitar; neck pos single coil? I dig that. Smooth playing too. :)
Vocal rules. You've got a smooth EC feel. :)
Nice job. :cool:
Thanks msb - Leads are EC Strat - middle pickup - tbx at 9. Tone at detente pos. Yep - real drums rule!

Great song, and great performances all around. The whole mix sounds great to me...smooth and cohesive - very nice. I'd like to hear the leads a little louder/clearer. That's the only nit I can point out. I like your vocals a lot, and the groove of the song is great. I think the mastering is very good, it sounds really balanced and full to my ears. Nice work!
Thanks Dave! Yep - leads are lower in verse so they aren't walking on the vocal. And slightly up in the solo.

Wow ido...this sounds great. I don't really hear anything I would change at all mix-wise.

Your material has really come into its own over the years. The basics were always there, but the recordings always seemed kinda tame compared to what I would expect given the material. This is just so much bigger sounding with great balance and punch and clarity...everything you would want really. Excellent work!

Great work again ido1957. The vocals are very strong and it sounds like a great testament to what its possible to achieve with a home recording setup.

Wow ido...this sounds great. I don't really hear anything I would change at all mix-wise.
Your material has really come into its own over the years. The basics were always there, but the recordings always seemed kinda tame compared to what I would expect given the material. This is just so much bigger sounding with great balance and punch and clarity...everything you would want really. Excellent work!
Yep - better gear really helps. Cassettes just don't cut it anymore.... The mastering takes it to another level too, much like poeticintensity's drums did last year.

That's GREAT!
Thanks Jeff!

Great work again ido1957. The vocals are very strong and it sounds like a great testament to what its possible to achieve with a home recording setup.
Thanks Rob - I have to thank all the guys on the OP for their help getting this kind of result.

Thanks CFox. I have 6 guitar tracks. 3 Tracks a side. Each side has 2 tracks of rhythm mostly 1st pos. and 1 track of rhythm in the upper neck area. It hits a Bb on the 15th for example.

I have used that technique once before, must try it again. It works very well on your track.

Yeah, dude. Rocks the house, man. As happened with the last one you mastered, for the first half of the song, I kept thinking to myself, "This really can't be me on drums... Those sound awesome!" Great mastering job! Everything comes through loud and clear (and with this one, I've gotta say - the cymbals sound very nice, tame, and balanced. Not harsh at all.) Great work!

If you're at all interested, I'd like to hear your stuff and see if I can't get some real drum help to ya. :-D

thats a great song! its one of my favorite of your tracks. the performance of all involved musicians is great!
thx for your kind comments regarding the mastering!

Yeah, dude. Rocks the house, man. As happened with the last one you mastered, for the first half of the song, I kept thinking to myself, "This really can't be me on drums... Those sound awesome!" Great mastering job! Everything comes through loud and clear (and with this one, I've gotta say - the cymbals sound very nice, tame, and balanced. Not harsh at all.) Great work!
Yep - your drum playing is great on all the tunes you've done for us; the mastering has made what's already there sound even better.

thats a great song! its one of my favorite of your tracks. the performance of all involved musicians is great!
thx for your kind comments regarding the mastering!
You're welcome Jan! Your mastering work has really helped make my songs sound better!

Oh yeah, sounds real hot now, Gerry!:)
An immense jump in quality!
Thanks Joey - I'm pretty happy with the results!

Wow man that was a fun, rockin' tune! I loved how you walked all over with the Strat, not just straight chords, but really doin' it SRV style! :D Well done with the drums Jason. If there had been just a little more space on the vocals, I could have pictured this as live jam.
:):D:cool:

Sounds pretty good. Nice balance in the guitars and bass. I like the tone of the rhythms. I still think Jason's drums are too small sounding in the mix, but it is what it is. Great drumming, but they sound like an afterthought. But if yall are happy with it, rock on. :)

I loved the sound of the rhythm guitars. Vocals sound real good. Liked the lead tone too.

I'd raise the level of the lead guitar a couple of db's. There were a couple of spots where it was conflicting with the lead vocal (just a couple). If it were me I'd mute a couple of those guitar fills.

Back