Out of Town

I really like this tune -- very cool indie vibe to it. Nicely performed vocal and interesting time signature changes.

Mixwise, it kind of sounds as though the whole thing has a blanket over it. It's kind of muffled sounding, almost as if there's a lo-pass filter on the whole mix around 3K or something.

More specifically, I think the main acoustic guitar (strumming) is taking up too much space in the low end and encroaching on the bass's area.

I really wanted to hear the drum machine take a rest at some point later in the tune. Its pattern was a little incessant and never really changed. I think it would be cool for it to drop out completely at some point and (possibly) come back in (depending on when it laid out).

The track also seems very middle-heavy. Almost everything sounds panned down the middle. The acoustic fills even are. I think you could spread some stuff out a bit and clear up the clutter a little.

Also, the acoustic fills have some timing issues. They could be performed better, IMO --- especially compared to the vocal, which is performed quite well. And, to be honest, I think it would be nice to have them played with a different tone, too --- something to set them apart a bit.

Anyway, I do really like the song. It's unique in a good way and catchy too. Thanks for sharing! :)

I really like this tune -- very cool indie vibe to it. Nicely performed vocal and interesting time signature changes.

Mixwise, it kind of sounds as though the whole thing has a blanket over it. It's kind of muffled sounding, almost as if there's a lo-pass filter on the whole mix around 3K or something.

More specifically, I think the main acoustic guitar (strumming) is taking up too much space in the low end and encroaching on the bass's area.

I really wanted to hear the drum machine take a rest at some point later in the tune. Its pattern was a little incessant and never really changed. I think it would be cool for it to drop out completely at some point and (possibly) come back in (depending on when it laid out).

The track also seems very middle-heavy. Almost everything sounds panned down the middle. The acoustic fills even are. I think you could spread some stuff out a bit and clear up the clutter a little.

Also, the acoustic fills have some timing issues. They could be performed better, IMO --- especially compared to the vocal, which is performed quite well. And, to be honest, I think it would be nice to have them played with a different tone, too --- something to set them apart a bit.

Anyway, I do really like the song. It's unique in a good way and catchy too. Thanks for sharing! :)

Thank you for listening! I’ll take a look at retracking some stuff and the mix.

Nice lofi sweetness to it...kind of puts me in mind of Daniel Johnsons more melodic output. I like it. Ditto to beagle on the panning. Needs mixing up a bit. Your vocal is recorded really well.

Mark

Nice lofi sweetness to it...kind of puts me in mind of Daniel Johnsons more melodic output. I like it. Ditto to beagle on the panning. Needs mixing up a bit. Your vocal is recorded really well.

Mark

Thanks! I’ll have to look up Daniel Johnson

Back