Our third song. Best yet....please Listen!!

I think the mix is pretty good. I dig the 60's vibe on the drums. Post it again when you get the vocals done!!

the mix sounds great through my headphones. its so much fun learning all the little automation tricks and stuff, ive used it a bit myself. mice job please repost it when you get the voxs done would love to hear it.

hey thanks sydfan. I kind of think that it could use a little more in the drum dept, but for now i guess i'll leave it alone. Not sure about the vocals, no real idea on even where to start. the last few songs have been kind of corny, so we'd like to make this one a little better as far as lyrics go.....thanks for listening!
Jason

Your buzzin/hissin' like mad.What are you using to record?It's a cool little ditty.(Keep the title,even after the word are written ...I like it)Some randomeness in some of the playing,almost like you were making it up as you went along.The stereo/delay is done in a cool way.Kick drum need to be a bit more prominant,not giving the punch the song deserves.Lower the tambourine too.Make it longer too.Unless the band likes writing short songs...Not a bad take,not a great one either.Your well on your way,keep at it guys!

Thanks W.I.S.C., yeah....the buzzing comes from the guitar...if you take your fingers off of the strings, it buzzes, a bad ground or something?? Not sure. Also, he was playing pretty soft, so the gain on the mic was turned up pretty high. SM 57 and Mackie preamps....I'd like to make the bass drum sound better myself. Get some nice thump to it, but have not figured out how to yet. Tried the eq, but it makes it muddier, not sure what I'm doing wrong there. We're slowly getting them longer....it takes us all day just to get this down, So hopefully as we improve as musicians, they'll get longer, better, and better!!
Thanks again, Jason

hey sounds pretty good from here..."whooooooooooo ooooooo"...hehehe...bass sounds really good actually...
i like the way the tamborine has that "jumpiness to it...how it doesnt follow the hihat.....good hi hat sound too....the bass drum seems a little dead...how are you recording it??..do you have a mic pointed toward the snare?? you need to bring that up more ..the main guitar riff is cool...nice panning...so whats the deal with NO LYRICS!!!!!!:D

GET ON IT it needs words there is a lot of underlying noise too.....like right at the end of the song.....??....
this is LEEPS and BOUNDS ahead of your first song...nice work..!

jamal

we've been recording the bass drum, the bass guitar, and the other guitar all with a sm 57. I have a larger diaphram mic that should be better suited to the bass drum, i'll try it out next time.
I don't have a mic pointed at the snare, just the two overheads....i should move the 57 from the bass up to the snare. the noise is coming from, i think, the guitar. we recorded it going through a digitech rp 100 effects pedal, and we should not have. added the effect later?? Not sure, but i think that's what could have been contributing.
Man, i have no idea for lyrics, that wouldn't mess up the song. If any body has some ideas, I'd love to hear them.....
take care, Jason

Back