Original Song Just changed Vibe

I really like the groove on this. The vocal’s cool too but it feels like it’s getting stepped on by the guitars. I’d try a dip in them around 3k and boost the same the same on the vocal. The kick I think could be more present to help the groove. Sounds like there are some out of tune guitars in the bridge. The songwriting’s great imho.

The guitars' volume is more a problem than the frequencies, I think? They sound loud. The mix is too squashed.
I thought the drums could use a little compression to bring them to life, then the rest of the track could benefit from the opposite (less compression to bring it to life).

Drums sound nice in this one! The bass is really solid and smooth. I wonder if it could be given a little more presence though? The rhythm guitars seem to lack a little body. If they’re high-passed I’d try a little lower/less and you could probably reduce their volume by like 3-5dB without losing them in the mix. You may find it helpful to compare to a similar track to get the guitars right. When they’re this wide I find it helpful too to mix in mono so the width doesn’t make it harder to judge the levels.

Drums sound nice in this one! The bass is really solid and smooth. I wonder if it could be given a little more presence though? The rhythm guitars seem to lack a little body. If they’re high-passed I’d try a little lower/less and you could probably reduce their volume by like 3-5dB without losing them in the mix. You may find it helpful to compare to a similar track to get the guitars right. When they’re this wide I find it helpful too to mix in mono so the width doesn’t make it harder to judge the levels.

Ok thats something Ive not thought of I just High pass at 1oo all the time. This is a demo I will be rerecording properlly (new strings etc) so this is all handy to know

Maybe some more bass but it sounds different on each system also toyin g with panning vocal hard left and right

There's an issue with pitch; the lead guitars are playing notes that aren't in scale with the background chords. 0:04 is where it's at. I'd investigate further and tell you exactly what the problem is, and how to fix it, but I have to record some vocals in a minute. You'll figure it out. Again, there's a clash between strumming guitars and the lead jingle. Maybe bass too, can't recall. It's pretty obvious, and I would definitely fix that. :guitar:

Is it a tuning thing or a timing Im sure when I hear it it willll stick out to me like dogs balls. I know Im having an issue with my guitar and bass going out of tune slightly which I hope new strings will fix up. Im aware you should change them ha ha

The song is interesting but it begins to drag. What I notice is a lack of variation in the energy level. The transition to the chorus (0:50, 2:05, etc.) should occasion some kind of boost in the energy of the song--at least a drum fill or something. Apart from the change in chord progression, there is nothing to distinguish it from the verse. The song has made its emotional statement in the first few seconds, leaving nowhere to go from there. My feeling is that the guitars are loud relative to your vocal. So that rules out some king of increase in guitar levels during the chorus. I also think it's too long. About 3:30 would be ideal. If it were mine, I'd trim it down, pick my favorite guitar solo (8 bars, 16 at the most),ditch the rest, and look for ways to differentiate verse from chorus.

I see three links to the song in your various posts. Are these different mixes?

yeah the drums are just drag n drop to get it down and will be changed up as im slowly getting into programming them. Unfortunately a hassle to get recorded with real drums. Ive done various mixes but the youtube one was the last

Looking forward to hearing the update.

I hope you will listen and comment on a couple of songs. Reciprocity keeps the Mp3Clinic going.

It's a disconnect between the lead (just one or two notes) and the underlying rhythm chords

by lead are you talking about the octave thing Im playing over the verse or the last lead which Im aware there was a fuck up . If the octave bit it could probably be smoothed in a bit. slided instead of picked

Back