Original Song: American Idol - Please Listen!

hybridsound

I've been working on this song for a while now on Cool Edit Pro 2.0.. I played all of the instruments, programmed all of the sound effects, sang all of the vocals as well as recorded the whole thing. You can find it at www.geocities.com/misanthropy26/main.html

Scroll all the way down to find the link.

Here are the lyrics to the song:

AMERICAN IDOL

Look at me
I’m in need
Of your sympathy
Give me fame
Change my name
Perfect melody
I’m a guy
Or a girl
What I want to be
Superficial
Unofficial
Look what’s happening to me
I’m the cream of the crop
I’m your fantasy
And I’ll never stop
Because they’re paying me

I’m American Idol
I’m American Idol
Everything you need
Without personality
I’m American Idol

Sell myself to get inside
Swallow all the cum and pride
I was a nobody
Just a week ago
I didn’t work for this
Its so beautiful, though

I’m American Idol
I’m American Idol
Everything you need
Without personality
I’m American Idol

I’m American Idol
I’m American Idol
Everything you need
Without personality
I’m American Idol

The song still needs some work to be officially finished but its almost there.

Pretty cool tune, flowed really well. The verb on the vocal is a little dark but that may be what you are going for here, not sure. I like the guitar note wailing in the background. Definitely sounds like Manson.

Thanks!

Thanks a lot. I was really trying to get that sound and I guess I pulled it off. I'm glad you liked it.

Was this song offensive to some people? If it was, I'm sorry. This is just the way I feel about all of these kids who get stardom handed to them on a silver platter while most REAL musicians work until their eyes bleed and still come out with nothing. Am I the only one who finds something wrong with this?!

I missed the first season but I watched the battle of Clay and Rueben with a great deal of interest.

Are you really saying that they don't deserve to be recording?
I simply can't agree.
They certainly took a different route to get there but TIME will tell if they belong or not.

I liked your song BTW:)

I'm not saying that they don't deserve to be recording. I'm simply saying that they don't deserve all of the attention they're getting. What ever happened to working for something? I think its disgusting how they get on TV and have overnight success while people like me and a majority of all the other bands in america have to almost sell our selves on the street to get noticed!

What happened to the tune?It's not on your site anymore.........just hit the link and got the page not found error.

That happens when a lot of people are trying to download the same thing at once. Just try again, it should be okay now. I hope.

hybridsound said:
That happens when a lot of people are trying to download the same thing at once. Just try again, it should be okay now. I hope.

I dont think that's the problem dude.I have a geocities site and this is "Page not found error".....not a bandiwidth error caused by too many people downloading it.Here's a screenshot:

Wrong Address.

On the screenshot that you put up, the address in your address bar is incorrect. The address to the actual mp3 is:

I hope that made it easier. Sorry about all of the confusion.

If that link does not work, go to http://www.geocities.com/misanthropy26/main.html

Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and you will find the link to the mp3. Click on the link to play the file or right click on the link and click on "Save Target As..." to save the file to your computer.

To Kramer: The mp3 that you were looking for in your browser no longer exists on my web site. You were looking for
The correct address is:

If clicking on the link does not work, try typing the address in your address bar.

Again, sorry for all the confusion.

It works for me if you copy and paste the link. Geocities hates direct linking for some reason

why don't you post a link to the song right from the start?

i downloaded the mp3 and was astonished about how close you got with your vocal sound to mansons, so good work if that was your maingoal. :) the drums sound a bit boxy and the bassdrum isn't playing the same shuffle as the riffguitars do, which makes the groove a bit stumbley.

apart from that, i thought you did well.

"The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. Visit our help area for more information."

Sorry...

I'm really sorry guys, but I guess Geocities won't let anyone go straight to the mp3 because its considered "soliciting" and they don't allow that.

So, the only way to hear the song is to click on this link, http://www.geocities.com/misanthropy26/main.html , scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and click the link on the lower left hand side that says "American Idol".

Then you will be able to listen to the song.

You can even save it to your computer if you want.

Just right click on the link that says "American Idol", click on "Save Target As..." and choose where you want to save it to.

Again, I'm sorry about all of this crap but I guess I couldn't help it.

Anyway, there it is^.

Thanks a lot for all of the compliments on the vocals. I was definately going for the Manson sound. I'll work on the other parts on different songs in the future.

Again, thanks.

You need to change the link on your download page to link to:

Right now, it links to:

And Geocities says it can't find it...

Maybe then I could finally get that downloaded & listen to you :)

Actually, nevermind... I found the tiny link on the main page (not the DL page..) (lower left :D)

Alrighty :cool:

Really close to the Manson sound, eh?

Sound quality is lacking... it's encoded from a 22KHz wav, half the fidelity of a CD... (guess that's why) :)

Won't get into specifics... the flanging sound probably comes from the mp3 encoding...

But the song does sound like something MM might cook up

Good job

Chad

Man..That tune Rocks!!!!
I do agree that the guitar needs to sound more fuller..but hey...we cant have everything!!
One question though...what effect/effects you using on the vocals...and whats the names of them!!

Back