Original rock song, how does the mix sound?

Welcome!
Good job;I think you have material for an even better mix.
Good drums/bass/gtr tone.:) , with a little lack in the "meat" frequencies (lows and mids) in a wide range (let´s say, 100/1k) and bit harsh in the 3khz range, most guitars, maibe voice too (vox seems like recorded in a room with too many reflections)

Everything IMO, don´t trust me:D, and wait for more opinions by people "in tune" with the style.

Ciro

Last edited:
Thanks,
I've been recording since Dec, so I'm still a newbie. I'll try to work with the eq some, although it seems the more I eq the worse it sounds (to me anyway):) Any tips/tricks/suggestions/help is more than welcome & appreciated a lot. Thanks again!!!

bass is to loud, vocals are to loud. Bring them lower in the mix guitar is way to tinny drums have to much highend in them. the toms sound like cardboard the kick has no bottom end I could go on but I'm tired :D

Hey everybody,
I tried to fix the eq & brought the bass & the vocal down in the mix a bit. Any help would be appreciated, I'm very new to recording. Thanks.

Guitar still sound a bit thin up the lower frequencies to give them a thicker punchier sound. vocals sound ok except for some harsh s sounds maybe lower the high frequencies in the vocals. there's a guitar solo that's really buried in the mix also. it sound like it's pretty kick ass solo too you should make it stand out more.

Thanks greyharmonix,
Last night I changed the reverb I had on the vocals & the master channel. I tried eq'ing some, but where I'm still learning it might take me a little while to figure out what I need to do. Thanks for the help, there are some great musicians here, & would love to be able to make my songs sound like what I've heard here. Thanks again.

Back