• Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very bad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Big Thier

Last edited:
I read pop funk, I was like expecting something weird xD

Pop punk is not my cup of tea, but you're in tune, the track is properly mixed. And the kinda hip hopish beat is nice.

I think its close. Sounds like something on radio...like American Rejects or along that line. Does sound good and I think the mix is close. Guitars tone is good maybe bring down a little. Good job

Missing bass and bottom end. Agree with Bruthish , the guitar tones are good but the rhythm guitars in the chorus could be backed off a touch - like 1-2dB. Snare could also pop out more to me in the chorus. Maybe try a clipper?

Production wise, where there are gaps with just the keyboards - what about adding a muted guitar or something similar to provide a little rhythm in the background there. If you listen to Shadow On The Sun by Audioslave starting at around 03:12, there is a single note played on the guitar which adds some vibe in a quiet part. Thats the effect I mean.

Keep or sweep, but keep it up!

Your vocal tone sounds very similar to Andrush's here.

The tones sound pretty good. Your drums are completely buried tho.

Edit: The more I listen, the more underwhelmed I am. You've done better work; writing, production, and arrangement wise. I get that 6 months is a long time to work on a song, but I would scuttle (or at least back-burner) this one and try something different for a while.

I really like the crunch guitar sound. I like the vocal tone. The different, overlapping vocal parts were cool.

The bass seemed like a synth. It was a little sterile sounding.

The synths sounded OK. If it were me I wouldn't have used synths, but that's just me.

The crunch guitars are a little loud relative to the vocal. The vocal is getting covered just a bit.

The drums were OK. I didn't care for the kick sound. Sounded more like a hip hop kick sound.

Hi, thanks everybody for the feedback.

I took your comments into consideration and came up with a new mixdown. I updated my opening post.

Here's what I did:

- Turned up the sub bass
- Turned up the overall bass a bit
- Turned down the rhythm guitars a little
- Compressed the overall vocals
- Made the snare, kick and cymbals stand out more

I'm getting an error where it won't stream. It wants me to download a wav file.

Back