Original Halloween Song - A Ghost Story

Ain't it grand? two totally opposing, and yet equally valid opinions. Two schools of thought, coexisting.

I dunno about KILLING the backup vox, it would further purify, but I don't think they were actually in the way, just too large. :)

or do they...:eek:

:D

I prefer the first version. The guitar line is cool, but doesn't quite keep me going throughout the bare bones version absent the craziness and effects. Maybe if I'd heard that one first?...or maybe I'm just trying to be contrary, as is my nature :).

The vocal melody is now sounding very familiar...like maybe similar to another of your mellower ones maybe 2 or 3 tunes back...possibly? So hard to tell as you don't store your tunes very long on soundclick, so I can't check back...:mad::D

Like it. The mando thing is real nice, but very strong...especially during the verses...almost overpowering. I might envelope it and slowly, slowly decrease the level during the singing...like the one-mic bluegrass effect...withdraw the mando [or whatever that is] a bit...then place it back at the mic in the non-vox parts. A simple way to add a little texture? It does sound bluegrassy.

Also, the vox sounds like it has a measure more verb....and places the singing is behind the mando. Not a not...just a strange mental pic...but that's Halloween.

Nice groove and idea.

Heh, very cool. I liked both mixes. Absolutely love the sound you captured on the guitar or whatever that is you're playing. Vocal style and production is fantastic too. This is my kind of shit--despite the simplicity of the melody and the rather non-technical nature of the performance, you manage to (at least to my ears) capture a performance that is a hundred times more functional and emotive than something by, say, some Karaoke Idol knucklehead. Props.

Cheers
Matt

Like it. The mando thing is real nice, but very strong...especially during the verses...almost overpowering. I might envelope it and slowly, slowly decrease the level during the singing...like the one-mic bluegrass effect...withdraw the mando [or whatever that is] a bit...then place it back at the mic in the non-vox parts.

Nice groove and idea.

Thanks alot Jeff. Makes sense. Will keep that in mind if I remix. BTW, it's a classical guitar. Also, the main vocal has a bit of slap reverb on it.

Heh, very cool. I liked both mixes. Absolutely love the sound you captured on the guitar or whatever that is you're playing. Vocal style and production is fantastic too.

Thanks Matt. I appreciate it. It's a classical guitar. Rodriguez C1 to be exact.

Hey. I just want to say, I liked the first version better. All of the sound effects, however campy as some put it, was very cool to me. It is a great song, and with the sound effects, remind me a bit if what's the new mary jane by the beatles. Very good job sir.

-Adam.

Yeah, I didn't read beyond this post. Greg and Llarion are both awesome at what they do, but fuck even caring about the Halloween theme, man. The first version is great.

Yeah, I didn't read beyond this post. Greg and Llarion are both awesome at what they do, but fuck even caring about the Halloween theme, man. The first version is great.

Thanks Chris. This song has been an eyeopener. I don't have a favorite, but the first one works really well with headphones:D

Back