Original Alternative Rock

andrushkiwt

Hey yo there, any suggestions on this one? Lots of help from some of you guys on beefing up my guitar tones, so hopefully this one is a little juicer. It's the first tune I've tried double-tracking on the chorus vox with two truly separate takes. I think it gives it the edge I'm looking for, but what do you guys think?

https://soundcloud.com/andrushkiwt/your-sympathy

Very cool stuff! Everything sounds pretty well-balanced to me. I absolutely love the bass line during the verses! One of those things that instantly made me say, "why haven't I done that?" :) Really my only nitpick is that the first line of vocals during each verse seems a little low in level compared to the rest. If it were me, I would just bring the first line of each verse up a dB or two to make the entrance a little stronger. Great song, thanks for sharing!

Very cool stuff! Everything sounds pretty well-balanced to me. I absolutely love the bass line during the verses! One of those things that instantly made me say, "why haven't I done that?" :) Really my only nitpick is that the first line of vocals during each verse seems a little low in level compared to the rest. If it were me, I would just bring the first line of each verse up a dB or two to make the entrance a little stronger. Great song, thanks for sharing!

Good idea, I missed that completely. And thanks for the compliment Beagle, means a lot to me! Was the double-tracking plus the delay too much?

For some reason the snare hits seem to be varying in tone - like the EQ was changing - if you've got a compressor on it hooked to the kick, it might be doing it (or not, what do I know). The cymbals could come up in the mix some and the hi-hat just a touch.
Good overall stuff going on with this.

For some reason the snare hits seem to be varying in tone - like the EQ was changing - if you've got a compressor on it hooked to the kick, it might be doing it (or not, what do I know). The cymbals could come up in the mix some and the hi-hat just a touch.
Good overall stuff going on with this.

Wow. Real good call there! I have a bus for the snare, Kick, and toms set to 3.5:1. I noticed, too, that the snares were erratic. There's another slight compressor , 2:1 I think, on the snare bus. Superior drummer has 3 snare mics, and I'm no drum expert, so I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out the best way to manage and process those 3 pieces in combination w the kit. I'll google and YouTube it.

Thanks MJB!

Back