Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Orchestral soundtracks and ambient soundscapes

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Hey there's a lot of good stuff to listen to here. I've had it on here and there and just what pink dino girl above said... just like a soundtrack. Great production.

I think my favorites are Mystic River(very favorite), Mont St. Joseph, Dreamtide, angels redemption, memories, and evening falls. Good stuff.

My only minor suggestion is in "Mystic River" I think the synth comes in too loud at 0:12. NOt too long after the volume sounds fine. I'd love to write something like that song. Cheers

Thanks
    Thank you for your comments and feedback! Nice to hear you like the material. And yes, I happen to use GPO (Garritan's Personal Orchestra) and just a while ago I invested on Gigastudio and GOS (Garritan's Orchestral Strings), so in some songs you can hear those too.

I know one of my biggest problems is mixing/mastering... I have so strong "jazz" or "improvisational" roots that for some reason I just can't yet put enough effort into the honing of balance and overall sound. Usually I just record the musical lines with one run each and that's it I guess I have to work on the production part a lot.

Thanks

freakin' cool. It kind of goes along with an idea I've been toying with that has a D&D theme to it. A fantasy story (I'll spare you the details) that is narrated to music, with musical interludes that would match the pace/tone of the storyline as it goes along.

Thanks
    Glad to hear it would fit your game If you are going to play the story I'd appreciate it if you'd drop by and tell how the song worked in the actual game situation?

Thread Information