Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: An orchestra attempt

Thanks

Smile An orchestra attempt

Sign in to disable this ad
    alright, most of you prob think I am a moron after my SaturdayNight series, but, this is somehting done when sober. Please have a listen.
    This is my first attempt on orchestra stuff. So, any feeback on arrangement or mixing would be greatly appreciated!

*Lt. Bob. if you read this, this was intended to be the intro for that collab we never finished. After cutting my finger and the frustration trying not to sound too Floydish, I kinda gavee up. I will apply with a better one next time, that's a promise.

AL

"An orchestra attempt "

www.nowhereradio.com/a1a2/singles

Thanks
    well ill start by saying that i enjoy this kinda music alot. it sounds nice but it ended just as quick as it began, you realy should turn this into a whole score i like the sounds you used and your choice of notes was good for your first attempt add to this and make a score outta it and ill give it another listen. keep up the good work.

Thanks
    thanks, Flash. I have to agree with you on that. I am planning on using this as an intro to a rock tune tho. Dunno how it's gonna turn out yet.

Anyone else?

Al

Thanks

Talking

no, don't turn that into an intro! you should continue it in the same manner - give it a try!

Thanks
    Well done Al! Do you write a score, or do you just hear all that stuff in your head at once, and go record it one track at a time?

Twist

Thanks
    twist:
    One track at a time. Started with 2 chords on guitar, then slowly converted each note of the chords into different tracks. To be honest, I only pictured one lead line, then filled in the rest as it goes.

Glad you liked it.

AL

Thanks
    That sounds rich and would do an intro or interlude nicely.
    " Miwk Kowz "

K: securelock

Thanks
    Sounds like a great start to something...do something with it. I can't get your other tune outta my head LOL! Thanks AL.

Thanks
    Looks like I should make this into a longer orchestra piece.

Does anyone have any idea what usually sits on the lower frequency range for orchestra? cello and? mid and high? I am so new at this...

AL

Thanks
    pizzicato strings and some of the bassier notes on the cello make a nice foundationfor the bass side. i also add some orchestral hits. i take it your using a keyboard because your like me and dont have hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy all these instruments lol so the names may be different on your synth.also a tuba sounds nice if you dont over do it. ive found that if you keep it simple and compose a short song like this everyday for a week you will get a ear for it. also listen to some already composed songs if you have access. this kinda music is beutiful and it flows with emotion and lots of abrupt somtimes shocking changes.i played clarinet in high school symphony band and also played guitar in jazz band through my school. man that was a long time ago lol.looking forward to hearing this, maybe ill try and do one to if i can find time between guitar lessons. good luck and remember just keep it simple and flowing and it will sound great and if i were you id add some reverb to make it sound like its being played live in a hall or somthing. god bless tim pate.

Thread Information