Opinions on this track?

Dogfish

I'd apprechate any comments on this mix, or for that matter, sugjestions.

(this is a friends band that I recorded by the way)
Thanks,
James

Dogfish said:
I'd apprechate any comments on this mix, or for that matter, sugjestions.

(this is a friends band that I recorded by the way)
Thanks,
James

Cymbals/snare too loud in the beginning.
Did you double track the vocals or add any effects?
Can't hear the bass or kick much.
Guitars sound OK.

Otherwise, it's fine.

Hi Dogfish,

Very Nice Work...it sounds like what I imagine the Ramones might have sounded like if they had listened to some label's AR man and made their sound more "radio-friendly" :) A nice rocking tune, with constant reference to the title.
I do want more bottom though. A meatier snare and kick, and a rumbling bass to scare the neighbors and warp their kids.
Other than that; good fun listening.

Best,

CC

SilverSurfer said:
Cymbals/snare too loud in the beginning.
Did you double track the vocals or add any effects?
Can't hear the bass or kick much.
Guitars sound OK.

Otherwise, it's fine.

Thanks for the comments.
Yeah, we had some trouble with how the drummer was playing his kit and weren’t able to iron out all volume inconsistencies. The vocal is not double track, other than the harmonies.
I think we ended up whimping out on the low end, as I was (and am) still learning my monitors (which are a bit bass shy). So I was trying to compensate for that.
Thank you again for the thoughts. :)

Cosmic said:
Hi Dogfish,

Very Nice Work...it sounds like what I imagine the Ramones might have sounded like if they had listened to some label's AR man and made their sound more "radio-friendly" :) A nice rocking tune, with constant reference to the title.
I do want more bottom though. A meatier snare and kick, and a rumbling bass to scare the neighbors and warp their kids.
Other than that; good fun listening.

Best,

CC

Thank you very much :)
That's a wonderful description of what their music sounds like. I think I'll share that with them. :)
Thank you so much.

Have a wonderful day,
James

The snare sounds a little "cardboardy". Try reducing it a little around 2-4KHz to improve it's sound.

Sounds ok.

Nice kick. Snare is a bit week. Needs some beef. I like the drum mix in general though. Sounds very cohesive.

Not crazy about the guitar tone. It's sort of fizzy. But that may be what you're going for.

All in all, a nice job.

In general everything needs some polishing. It just sounds like good amature stuff with no real redeeming features, making it a bit mediocre.

Low end doesn't move me. High end lacks clarity. Mids seem a bit muddled between the guitar and vocals.

What gives with the drums at 2:30? They sound like pitty pat.

Back