Opinions on a song/mix please

jimmi

Hellooo, I'm just getting back into playing and recording for fun and would love to hear some feedback on a track. I recorded to an aw4416 and used bfd2 for drums. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks, jimmi.

P.s. Have to make one more post before I can post a link

Hey Jim, can't comment on the mix coz I'm listening here at work but I really like the song, Nice one

Very nice...First the song--nice writing and arranging. Nice playing and singing to go with it. I really like your voice.

As far as the mix goes, that sounds good as well, everythings got it place and can be heard. Nice vox and harmonies are done just right!

Good sound on the guitar--what's the guitar and the recording chain?

Very nice...First the song--nice writing and arranging. Nice playing and singing to go with it. I really like your voice.

As far as the mix goes, that sounds good as well, everythings got it place and can be heard. Nice vox and harmonies are done just right!

Good sound on the guitar--what's the guitar and the recording chain?

Thanks for the listen and compliments whitestrat. The guitar is a black strat :) mostly. The distorted guitars in the middle are a '72 gibson 325 I got as a wedding gift - needs a new nut but does the job distorted - going into my crate gx80, that I'm saving up to replace and miced with a sennheiser e835 straight to the aw4416. I used a modified boss blues driver I bought used off ebay for the lead bits untill I can afford something with tubes in it. Thanks again for the listen!

Great song and great mix. I love that 3/4 for the rocking feel, without sounding, how else can I say it, too 3/4-ey.

The only thing that seemed odd to me was the solo panned all the way to the left. I really liked the two guitars leading up to the solo.

Thanks for listening folks, appreciate it!

The guitars were amped/miced but the amp was set low - level was about 2. Mic was about 3" off the grill pointing in different directions depending on the part.

Vocals were done with an NT1A about 12" from the cake hole.

I got to say, this is a really good song. I've gone back and listened to it a few times.

Post some more soon.

Back