Opinions pls (v2) :P

I didn't see this because it was posted in a different thread from the original.

It sounds like you've cleaned it up quite a bit and it's certainly going in the right direction. The other versions, if I recall correctly, had some low end issues, some distortion, and a transition problems towards the end of the song.

My only comments on the new track have to do with vocals and tuning. It sounds like you go out of tune in several places. I hesitate to point it out because I feel like the "kettle calling the pot black." After all, my singing is pretty much shite. :D Have you tried a two track version of this where you are singing without playing? Sometimes that helps a lot. You can focus on one thing and get it right. It could also be that you're just trying too hard and pushing your voice where it doesn't want to go. Maybe some adjustments in style would help or just approaching the vocal with different phrasing.

The other comment is just an equipment one. Any thought about doing this on something other than a phone. The track really screams out for some accompaniment. Nothing extreme or overproduce but just some other element to give the song more fullness.

Last edited:
I think the performances could be tidied up. The timing on the guitar wobbles about a bit and the vocal is pitchy in spots. There's a glitch/bad edit at 0.36. It sounds like you've recorded the guitar and vocal at the same time? If so you'll get a better result recording the guitar first (to a click maybe), and then lay down the vocal

I think the performances could be tidied up. The timing on the guitar wobbles about a bit and the vocal is pitchy in spots. There's a glitch/bad edit at 0.36. It sounds like you've recorded the guitar and vocal at the same time? If so you'll get a better result recording the guitar first (to a click maybe), and then lay down the vocal

Yeah, ditto on the click beat. I find that incorporating a programed ride or hi hat (I'm using Logic Pro X's built-in drummer) makes all the difference. You don't have to include it in the final version, but it usually yields a much better performance.

I didn't see this because it was posted in a different thread from the original.

It sounds like you've cleaned it up quite a bit and it's certainly going in the right direction. The other versions, if I recall correctly, had some low end issues, some distortion, and a transition problems towards the end of the song.

My only comments on the new track have to do with vocals and tuning. It sounds like you go out of tune in several places. I hesitate to point it out because I feel like the "kettle calling the pot black." After all, my singing is pretty much shite. :D Have you tried a two track version of this where you are singing without playing? Sometimes that helps a lot. You can focus on one thing and get it right. It could also be that you're just trying too hard and pushing your voice where it doesn't want to go. Maybe some adjustments in style would help or just approaching the vocal with different phrasing.

The other comment is just an equipment one. Any thought about doing this on something other than a phone. The track really screams out for some accompaniment. Nothing extreme or overproduce but just some other element to give the song more fullness.

It wasn't done on a phone xD. I mean I don't think I went out of pitch in the chorus (not saying I didn't went off pitch here and then), but I do thinking the singing is off key. And without the same key as the guitar, it will always sound off, like it's off pitch. I think I'll keep these kind of guitar songs with minimal lyrics, because I just can't make a vocal part for a slow one, it always sounds off.

And yeah, it's clearly tryhard xD, it's not natural to me this kind of style.

Update: Yeah "do you also" parts are most of the time out of pitch. I can't sing "also" in pitch ahahahh, well, words to write off my lyrics x)!

Yeah, ditto on the click beat. I find that incorporating a programed ride or hi hat (I'm using Logic Pro X's built-in drummer) makes all the difference. You don't have to include it in the final version, but it usually yields a much better performance.

I suck with rythm, I always try to play to a bpm but it's not ever even close hehehe. Good point though, a litle after that there's a "hole" because for a second there's only sound from one guitar (I think they were unmatched, I don't recall what happened). Also, the mic is picking a lot of boom, if I point it to the 12th fret, it gets a lot of noise, might be the room idk.

Back