Opinions Please

Sounds pretty good.

I found the intro a little long at 30+ seconds.

The vocalist sounds like a really good singer with quite a range but the vocals could use some help cutting through the mix a little. Maybe eq out a little space for the voice to cut through or something. Those keyboards seem to be crowding the vocal a bit.

Thanks for posting.

Good song and good recording.The vocals are a little hot and eratic at times....especially at the first word of every line..You might wanna compress them(more if you already have compressed them)to get them under control volume wise.

What is your recording setup?

vocals are hot indeed as kramer said....listening....the drums are a bit repeatitive and boring especially hihat is the same throughout the song (exept guitar solo)...try to "miss" the open hats a few times or something to make it less repeatitive.....
it's a good song overall, mate....
keep it up/...

Thanks for taking the time Kramer and roker 1....

Kramer in answer to your question, my set up is rather outdated. I'm using Sonar 1.3.1 with an Sb live Soundcard on an Amd k6/2 500mhz system. My instruments are all outboard and consist of a Korg Trinity, Korg M1, Ensoniq SQ1+ and an Akai S3000XL Sampler.

I did put light compression on the vocals originally and I agree with you guys that perhaps a bit more would tone things down a bit. I will have a play around and see what happens.

Thanks for your advice guys.

Nice music - average lyrics. The instruments all sound good.

The singer has a good voice - both strong and resonanant. The vocals need a bit of work though. They are a bit far back in the mix, but then shoot through here and there. There's a "vocal shot" at 1:19 to illustrate. Compression may help, but they may need to be retracked. I would recommend double or triple tracking the vocals. I think that would work well for a song like this.

Very nice clean mix. Some of the background vocals could use a little work, they sound a little shrill. Drums sound nice and hold the song well throughout, got a little impatient with it though. I gues it didn't "rock" hard enough for me.. :D

I like this song. Mix sounds okay...the only thing I would do(as others have mentioned)is either compress the vocals where they seem to "jump" out of the song or simply retrack them. Good work...

I just spent all day writing a hate song ,so bear with me...

Nice harmonies.As mentioned,the intro is way long...and the hat thing to...(Yawn):o The recording itself is decent..bad vocal edit at 2:48?(Backups).This is sooooooo 80's.Mediocre guitar work and keys.Vocals give this project the most potential.

Back